1. Collapse Details
    70D to 80D worth it ?
    The b cam I use for c100 is 70d, I find the pictures generally muddy and mushy except in super lit settings. Is it worth going to the 80D for image improvement improve ? Or wait out till I go all 4K in another 18months with likely a c200 and Eos R crop equivalent?

2. Collapse Details
    No, save your money.

You need 4K from a Canon DSLR/mirrorless for images (video) to look good. They are still - 10 years later - protecting their cinema cameras by degrading the HD in every single DSLR model (besides the 1DC). The EOS R has a crop mode in HD (normally FF) which looks decent, but 4K from all of them is much better.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    No, save your money.

You need 4K from a Canon DSLR/mirrorless for images (video) to look good. They are still - 10 years later - protecting their cinema cameras by degrading the HD in every single DSLR model (besides the 1DC). The EOS R has a crop mode in HD (normally FF) which looks decent, but 4K from all of them is much better.
    Appreciate your input NorBro, if Canon don’t care about the market , why bother even protecting it! I’m disappointed that the c300mk2 didn’t get a bigger audience, with 4k60 it would have probably been as popular as the fs7! I guess I’ll wait for the 90D or whatever 3rd tier camera they release. As soon as Blackmagic get their lowlight on the big Ursa it will probably push me in that direction , as I don’t love the Sony or even the EVA look,

4. Collapse Details
    Personally, I think one of the biggest mistakes in the history of making cameras was not putting 4K/60p into the C300 Mark II.

Just an unbelievable failure. And the camera had so much going for it too.

The FS7 was announced ~6 months earlier and they still didn't learn their lesson.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Personally, I think one of the biggest mistakes in the history of making cameras was not putting 4K/60p into the C300 Mark II.

Just an unbelievable failure. And the camera had so much going for it too.

The FS7 was announced ~6 months earlier and they still didn't learn their lesson.
    I forgot about that anticipation, it was a real anticlimax . Without 60p it failed the “good fast cheap” though at least it does do 120 in HD... Then the C700 probably made things worse. Maybe once the Venice colour trickles down, Sony will be a contender

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry1908 View Post
    I forgot about that anticipation, it was a real anticlimax . Without 60p it failed the “good fast cheap” though at least it does do 120 in HD... Then the C700 probably made things worse. Maybe once the Venice colour trickles down, Sony will be a contender
    I ended up get a super good deal with a low shutter count 80d that shouldn’t leave me much more than $250 out of pocket once I sell my 70d (also low shutter). Appreciate the advice here anyway...