1. Collapse Details
    AVC Intra 422 and premiere
    Hey all, has anyone had this audio bug in Premiere where channel 2 doesnít work? If I view the file in P2 viewer everything is fine, but the moment I bring it into premiere itís mute. I tried transcoding but nothing. I have read that this was a Premiere 2017 bug, and unfortunately thatís what Iím working with currently. Is there a workaround for this? Thank you.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm not aware of such a bug, but...

The first thing I would do is check to make sure the channel assignments aren't set in a way that is preventing ch.2 from playing. In the Project panel, right-click on any of the affected clips, select "Modify", then "Audio Channels." If you are working with discrete mono, I would recommend "Clip Channel Format" = "Mono" and then map "Media Source Channels" (on the horizontal axis) to their respective "Clip" (aka audio track) numbers (on the vertical axis)... e.g. For "Clip 1", check "Media Source Channel 1"; For "Clip 2", check "Media Source Channel 2", etc. You just have to remember to modify the audio for clips BEFORE you drop them into a timeline, or they will not be affected in that timeline (if you already have something laid down, just match frame and re-overwrite each clip). One thing that really sucks about new Adobe CC apps is that previous settings, presets, workspaces, etc. often get fungled up.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Seanik; 06-21-2019 at 10:58 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Modify/Audio Channels

This is what your channel assignment should look like if you're using discrete mono (it maps each channel to a new audio track):

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 10.04.06 AM.jpg

4. Collapse Details
    This might help also (see the embedded video in the green box marked "correct answer"):
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2478268

Just click any solo button, then un-solo... seems to let it playback.

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you. Will test it tonight and report back.

To be clear though, anything else that goes in the timeline is fine with audio in every channel. Prores from the LT and anything from other cameras. This is specific to AVC intra and is something that Adobe said was a bug in the 2017 version.
    Last edited by Newsguy; 06-21-2019 at 02:33 PM.