Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    They will never be as legit as those two in NYC...but with 60,000+ sales (or at least ratings) on eBay alone, I wouldn't worry about them too much, especially if purchasing through a big company with some buyer safety.

In the last 12 months, they only had 20 negative ratings out of 5,700+.

There will always be unhappy customers and mistakes will be made, but it's just a part of doing business.

2. Collapse Details
    Buyer beware. Be very, very beware.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Would you still say that if Panasonic wasn't paying the bills? ha

Because I'm about to buy a C200 from them, what do you think?

lol, j/k

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Would you still say that if Panasonic wasn't paying the bills? ha

Because I'm about to buy a C200 from them...what do you think?

lol, j/k
    I would absolutely still say buyer beware.

In my past I have owned cameras from Panasonic, JVC, Sony, and others. I could have purchased from places such as this but never would. Seriously opening one's self up for a world of hurt by saving the short term buck. I wouldn’t do it then and I wouldn’t do it now.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    All of them (or most) are coming from 6ave. If you check those Google results (Amazon, Walmart, Newegg, etc), 6ave is the supplier.
    I clicked on Newegg but skimmed over the rest. Do Newegg, Amazon, Walmart, etc. hold any responsibility for their third party retailers?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    I would absolutely still say buyer beware.

In my past I have owned cameras from Panasonic, JVC, Sony, and others. I could have purchased from places such as this but never would. Seriously opening one's self up for a world of hurt by saving the short term buck. I wouldn’t do it then and I wouldn’t do it now.
    We overpay for these products at other places only for post-sale support. There is absolutely no other reason to beware. It's not a counterfeit camera. And there's practically a 0% chance of getting your money stolen.

There could be something wrong with some of these cameras that we don't know about (they dropped a few), but then buyer beware for any and all used camera considerations in that case as well.

All we are doing is paying thousands of dollars extra for limited insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    I clicked on Newegg but skimmed over the rest. Do Newegg, Amazon, Walmart, etc. hold any responsibility for their third party retailers?
    They say they do, but I've never experienced it to know any better.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    ... All we are doing is paying thousands of dollars extra for limited insurance...
    But, at least, you get an idea about the profit margins.

BTW, I assume one could take them to court if the promised merchandise doesn't arrive in the shape it's supposed to arrive. In which case, at least, the filing becomes a publicly available info. My take from another thread that, given the ability to relay the info at an instant, it's very difficult to stay in business if there's little trust in the seller.

PS. I once read a one-star review for a hotel that I was supposed to be staying in, relayed the info promptly to the relevant party ... and ... uh, was accused of ... using that review with ulterior motives.

8. Collapse Details
    It's tempting as a b-cam to the EVA1 I already own. But I think I'd still rather pay for the peace of mind. Which included paying extra for a 3 year warranty, in my case. I've had my EVA1 at the Panasonic Service Center in LA three times over 1.5 years for repairs and an annual maintainence check. It didn't cost me anything additional. One of those repairs, a main PCB replacement, would have negated the savings of buying grey market.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    The only cameras I've needed to repair have been Panasonic cameras so grey import or without warranty might not be the best purchase option.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    But, at least, you get an idea about the profit margins.

BTW, I assume one could take them to court if the promised merchandise doesn't arrive in the shape it's supposed to arrive. In which case, at least, the filing becomes a publicly available info. My take from another thread that, given the ability to relay the info at an instant, it's very difficult to stay in business if there's little trust in the seller.

PS. I once read a one-star review for a hotel that I was supposed to be staying in, relayed the info promptly to the relevant party ... and ... uh, was accused of ... using that review with ulterior motives.
    Yeah, the ulterior motive being you didnít want to stay in a sh!t-box hotel.

Complete sidetrack: I actually had a producer pull us out of a motel after we got there, because it was so bad(he didnít book it).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast