1. Collapse Details
    [editing 4k longevity] new MacBook Pro 2019 configuration
    Hello,

I usually work with these programs, with this computer (MacBook Pro late 2013 2.3 i7 16gb 1600 ddr3, Nvidia geforce GT 750M 2048 )

- Capture one 12 (D800 NEF)

- DaVinci resolve 15 (4K videos)

- Adobe Premiere Pro CC

- After Effects CC

What can you suggest for extra configuration to better video editing for my new Macbook pro 15, that costs 3399 stock.

Here the extra cost for the extra features:

- Intel Core i9 8‑core to 2,4GHz (Turbo Boost to a 5,0GHz) +220?

- 32GB di memory DDR4 to 2400MHz +480?

- Radeon Pro Vega 20 with 4GB memory HBM2 +420?

- Radeon Pro Vega 16 with 4GB memory HBM2 +120?

My extra budget will be max 500

thanks

2. Collapse Details
    I'm looking at the same machines (as well as some Windows laptops). Here's what I'm thinking right now.

8-core 2.3GHz vs 8-core 2.4GHz CPU?
    According to these preliminary tests, the 2.4 is just a tiny bit faster.
    https://barefeats.com/rmbp-2019-two-best-compared.html
    Makes sense, though these are just simple benchmark tests. But feels to me like it's not enough of a real-world difference to matter.
    So I'd probably go for the 2.3GHz machine and put the money towards a better GPU (or nicer external monitor or more external storage).
    Baring reputable tests with different results, that is.

32GB RAM?
    Yes. IIRC, you can't add more RAM to the latest MBPs after you buy them. 32GB is the minimum I'd go for; it's also the max for this generation of Macbook Pros.

Radeon 560X vs Vega 16 vs Vega 20?
    Don't know how much of a real-world difference there will be between the 16 and 20. Bummer that there's not an 8GB option, though... And no Nvidia option...

Internal storage/SSD?
    What are you thinking here? 512GB will be enough or will your spring for more?
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    I'm looking at the same machines (as well as some Windows laptops). Here's what I'm thinking right now.

8-core 2.3GHz vs 8-core 2.4GHz CPU?
    According to these preliminary tests, the 2.4 is just a tiny bit faster.
    https://barefeats.com/rmbp-2019-two-best-compared.html
    Makes sense, though these are just simple benchmark tests. But feels to me like it's not enough of a real-world difference to matter.
    So I'd probably go for the 2.3GHz machine and put the money towards a better GPU (or nicer external monitor or more external storage).
    Baring reputable tests with different results, that is.

32GB RAM?
    Yes. IIRC, you can't add more RAM to the latest MBPs after you buy them. 32GB is the minimum I'd go for; it's also the max for this generation of Macbook Pros.

Radeon 560X vs Vega 16 vs Vega 20?
    Don't know how much of a real-world difference there will be between the 16 and 20. Bummer that there's not an 8GB option, though... And no Nvidia option...

Internal storage/SSD?
    What are you thinking here? 512GB will be enough or will your spring for more?
    what I'm thinking is 2.3ghz is ok, I will go for Vega 20, but I'm not sure of the ram if stay with 16 or upgrade for a 32gb (+420€ is a big price)... The hd is ok for me, I use external memory to save projects.