Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Ya, but I'd think length and finish wouldn't be that hard to change if you already have the machines to fabricate 945s...

Just depends if the the counterfeiters see a big enough market to bother...
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

2. Collapse Details
    I own 3 MKH 416 mics. The first one I bought was used, loved it and wanted to buy more. Then I started hearing about counterfeits which got me really paranoid. I saw a great deal on ebay from a trusted seller that I couldn't pass up on. When I recieved the mic I opened up the capsule and it looked very different than the one I already owned. I was convinced the new one was a counterfeit and contacted the seller insisting that they allow me to return the mic and get my money back. They pushed back so I looked into it some more. I then contacted Sennhieser and they were able to confirm that both my mics were genuine and that the circuitry just looked different over the years. I really made an ass out of myself and felt terrible for accusing the seller of a fake...probably one of the worst things you can do is accuse someone of doing something dishonest. Lesson learned the hard way.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 6, 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

3. Collapse Details
    Ya, Sennheiser redesigned the 416 in the late 90s, mainly adding more surface-mount stuff (IIRC); don't think they've redesigned it more than once.

But the insides of (at least one line of) fake 416s look really different. Check out the pix on Pete Verrando's site (I link to it above). One of the pix:

Fake 416 on top, real one below:
    DSCN1640-1024x768.jpg
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12