1. Collapse Details
    Atomos Announces NEON Cinema Monitor/Recorders Monitors

2. Collapse Details
    It mentions that these are the first true 10 bit (not 8+2), which suggests that the new Shogun 7 is not a true 10 bit panel and then probably doesn't do a true DCI-P3 output either.

But I agree, this is a big move to try an cut off the likes of Sony, Ikegami, etc. for professional grade monitors.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    It mentions that these are the first true 10 bit (not 8+2), which suggests that the new Shogun 7 is not a true 10 bit panel and then probably doesn't do a true DCI-P3 output either.

But I agree, this is a big move to try an cut off the likes of Sony, Ikegami, etc. for professional grade monitors.
    First true 10-bit for Atomos. There are other true 10-bit monitors out there, but most "10-bit" monitors on the market are "8+2"

4. Collapse Details
    Saw them at the Atomos booth this morning. They look nice but not noticeably better or different than what I saw over at the Flanders Scientific. Walking around CineGear, I see an industry that is hanging their hats on very slight product differentiation, not true innovation. 8+2 versus 10-bit panel, who REALLY cares besides perhaps colorists in a grading bay? Most video villages I am in on the big sets, director and DP are just happy if the Teradeks aren't breaking up. So much ado about close to nothing for most applications.

Interesting that Atomos is moving out of the "indie/prosumer" space they have been in and going for the real high end stuff with these.
    Last edited by puredrifting; 05-31-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.