Thread: "Camera Carts"

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...e_utility.html

This cart seems to be a direct competitor that has tried to improve on some of the inconveniences of the RocknRoller (see their comments in their youtube video)...
    I decided to pick up one of these for myself (OMB on-location stuff). I've never owned a cart of any type so I can't comment on how it compares to the RnR, but I've seen and read a lot about them and know what their problems are. I don't need a huge cart for the type of stuff I do so it's small size is great for me, and it fits in my car with all the gear I need no problem. I can stand on the center of the cart fully extended and it feels really solid (I'm 240lbs). I'd have no qualms about loading it up to capacity. I read somewhere they may be coming out with a shelf soon but I don't know anything about it.

The GripnGaff R6 bag fits the handles really well but the bottom of the bag can drag on the rear wheels or the ground if you're not careful. I mostly use it flipped around on the inside of the cart and it's fine like that. I don't need all the real estate the cart provides fully extended anyway.

I guess the only downsize is it's a little low for all 6'2' of me to reach comfortably.

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks for that link Chris. Will add it to my B&H list for when the current rock n roller gives up the ghost. I think I'm going to set it on fire when I'm done for all the annoyance it's caused me.
    "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
    http://www.robmneilson.com

3. Collapse Details
    Those look an exact copy of the RnR.

4. Collapse Details
    I have that on stage cart linked above. I thought when I ordered it that it was basically a clone of the RnR since it looks similar in the pic. It's much smaller than my RnR including wheels. It seems well made though and I use it for smaller jobs. Since I've rigged out my R12 with shelves and mounts for slider it's no longer compact so the on stage cart serves as my compact cart.
    The handle on the on stage is a little low (I'm 6'3) and I wish the front wheels were larger but I got it on sale and am happy with it. It seems a little less crudely made then the RnR

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Not knocking the quality, just surprised at the obvious design rip. I consider myself to need a bigger cart, so if they make larger models in the future I might look into it.

6. Collapse Details
    The Rock n Roller Stealth is a pretty good deal. Adding the grip bag and a table top option turn it into a fully featured camera cart.

There is a 2 tier table top that is great for a camera/DIT cart for tiny shoots.

The main benefit is what others have said, the RnR carts are tiny and light weight and fold up small. They do have a weight limit, and exceeding it will invariably warped or bend something, but they are tough little buggers.

For under $500, you get a solution that is more light weight and versatile than any other system. But definitely not as durable for heavy productions. But you’ll kkow of you need more.

My only gripe, is wishing the table tops were easier to set up. The screws are fiddly. Need to get some aircraft safety pins, or something.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I picked up a few recently when they were basically giving them away($17-$18?). I like the idea, BUT they are too small(at least the version they were liquidating). They can take a tripod and a C-stand and that's about it. Or maybe two-three light stands if that's all you put in it. I can get way more gear on the "bull-nose"/add-on platform for the Rock 'N Roller.
    I rolled a grip bag overloaded, had three cstands, a light stand, a small tripod, mic boom, a few umbrellas, and rolled it 3miles over bumpy terrain, and they survived. Maybe they are more heavy duty this days? Idk. I wish they were still $18, but i don’t foresee needing a replacment soon. That said, a grip bag is going to fail at some point. Just no way around it.

8. Collapse Details
    Do you guys not have the bags with the round disc at the bottom? I have the older ones made by a local awning company...many folks have had theirs for years and they will hold up for a long time, can probably be patched if needed. I think the weight limit on an RnR is something like 500 lbs. I would swear mine starts acting goofy way under that.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    Do you guys not have the bags with the round disc at the bottom? I have the older ones made by a local awning company...many folks have had theirs for years and they will hold up for a long time, can probably be patched if needed. I think the weight limit on an RnR is something like 500 lbs. I would swear mine starts acting goofy way under that.
    My bag has the disc. Looks like a bucket lid. The home depot type.

I wouldn’t want to subject a rock n roller to 500lbs. Maybe in an airport with relativelt smooth floors., not not outdoors, or even a side walk. Thise little micro bumps with 500lbs can be pretty severe over time.

Also, i haven’t done this, but i may consider adding one of these to support mor cstands and weight in the bag, if i ever get to that stage:
    Rock N Roller Cart Extension Rack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPWJ07M..._fj9eDbXDERDK2

But this is the two level shelf that is good for DIT setps on the move:

Rock-N-Roller RSHM2T 2-Tier Multi Media Shelf (for R8, R10, R11G, and R12 Multi-Carts) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XRZM11..._Wi9eDbA15DFE4
    ...the only issue with this shelf is that you cannot extend or stretch out the cart. So, not so great when used with a lof of bags, pelis, and such.
    Last edited by James0b57; 06-26-2019 at 01:18 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    Do you guys not have the bags with the round disc at the bottom? I have the older ones...
    Their v2.0 bags have a more sturdy disc, apparently:
    https://www.gripngaff.com/collections/bags

I bet if asked nicely, they'd sell someone a spare/new disc. Or perhaps there's some existing hardware-store disc/bowl thing that'd fit. Double up!
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast