1. Collapse Details
    UK people looking for an FS7
    Hi All.

Just a quick post to let you know we're planning to sell our FS7 Mk1 later this week when I get a mo - we're just not shooting enough to justify it's existence any longer, as our business is going crazy with animation.

So if you're looking for a very low mileage babied FS7 and/or Zacuto Gratical Eye FS7 kit and 3 x 128GB XQD cards, please drop me a PM.

Cheers,

Ben.
    Ben Giles GBFTE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd

2. Collapse Details
    Ben Giles GBFTE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd

3. Collapse Details
    Update - all sold. So I'll be spending less time here, and occasionally lurking somewhere on the Panasonic CX350 or Canon XF705 forum. I was looking at the Sony PXW Z280, but those SXS Media prices make my eyes water...

Cheers,

Ben.
    Ben Giles GBFTE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd

4. Collapse Details
    Just use Sony's XQD cards with the genuine Sony SxS to XQD adapters in the Z280 like many others do in the Z280, F5, F55 and the earlier EX series cameras. A fraction of the price and the XQDs support all the Z280 frame rates and formats.

Chris Young

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    Just use Sony's XQD cards with the genuine Sony SxS to XQD adapters in the Z280 like many others do in the Z280, F5, F55 and the earlier EX series cameras. A fraction of the price and the XQDs support all the Z280 frame rates and formats. Chris Young
    Thanks Chris - thought someone might mention this.

Dealer reckons it's OK to use XQD, logic says so too (same codec as FS7 etc), but camera still cautions that it may cause issues. Dunno - perhaps because there's an adapter sitting between card and cam. Either way, it's still 100s of investment in more XQD cards or 10s in SD cards. Canon and Panasonic have H265 codec and touch screen/"better" AF. And, yes, I don't (yet) use AF.

Also, having been very excited about the 280 as an actuality-shooting self contained alternative to the FS7, I've been put off by the amount of negative comments on the FB forum, many from owner-ops.

Hoping to get a loaner XF705 and CX350 to test with skin tones etc, hopefully with Sam Morgan Moore - if anyone's interested, we'll post some tests.

Cheers,

Ben.
    Ben Giles GBFTE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd