1. Collapse Details
    3rd party wifi dongle, AG-CX350
    Hi,

have any of you guys out there tried any 3rd party wifi dongles with CX350?
    I thought I even saw a link on some Panasonic page for a list of 3rd party dongles, not sure if it was .co.uk or .com, and it could have been just a dream since I can't find it now even if I spent hours looking....
    I need to find out if there is better or worse dongles, and if it is possible to use it with a Glidecam/Steadicam while doing live sports in an NDI based system. Yes it will depend on how many spectators and what not. But we have WiFi 6 showing up on the market and we have been testing a bit with mesh network. The days of HD link whatever could be over :-)

If only Panasonic could fix the remote zoom issue fast, and if WiFi acctually works, we are close to GOLD for many many different productions.

Cheers,
    Robert

2. Collapse Details
    Other than the Panasonic USB wi-fi module (AJ-WM50), the only other wi-fi module that Panasonic mentions is compatible with the CX350 is the D-Link DWA-171:
    https://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/sale...ss_module.html

I tried the D-Link DWA-171 and I could not get it to work with the camera (camera does not detect that a wi-fi module is attached). On the support page above, there is a note under the D-Link section that that particular wi-fi module can only be used in Australia. I'm not exactly sure why that would be (the D-Link DWA-171 is sold in the other markets around the world). Perhaps that module is only compatible with Australian versions of the camcorder, I am not sure.

So it seems like you are pretty much stuck with the the Panasonic wi-fi module. It is dual band, so it can work with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wi-fi networks and is compatible with 802.11b/g/n/ac networks (the Panasonic module is basically a rebranded Edimax EW-7811UTC module). Obviously the real world performance will depend heavily on the wi-fi network.

Since the CX350 does have a wired Ethernet port, I suppose the one other possibility would be to use a wired to wireless Ethernet bridge. You'd have to find a power source for it (although perhaps if you can find a low powered 5V wifi bridge, you could run it off of one of the camera's USB ports). This might open up the possibility of external antennas (depending on the wifi bridge), which I suppose could improve performance in some situations.