1. Collapse Details
    Low volume from 80d headphone jack
    Does anyone know the impedance of the headphone jack on a 80d. I'm using Sony 7506 headphones and I have to turn the volume all the way to hear what I'm recording. Everything meters fine and records well I just can hear while recording.

2. Collapse Details
    If it makes you feel any better, the C300 headphone out volume level is really low, as well. Most audio guys always complain, because they can’t get a decent return level.

3. Collapse Details
    Tested the 7506 on the 80D- it's plenty loud enough (but not as loud/clean as e.g. a good recorder/audio gear); perhaps an issue with either the headphones or your 80D. My 80D's built in speaker doesn't work anymore (a rare hardware failure for Canon).

The C300 II and 1DX II are plenty loud too (and with less noise). In my studio- Sound Devices has the best headphone amp (for max quality use line level out into a Stax energizer into Stax electrostatic headphones (aka earspeakers lol). Sounds good enough to not want a Sennheiser Orpheus / HE1 https://en-us.sennheiser.com/shape-t...next-milestone (listened to at CanJam in LA- beyond the excellent sound makes a nice coffee table conversation starter lol)).