1. Collapse Details
    What "name" actors are currently working with indie filmmakers?
    Eric Roberts, Michael Madsen, Sally Kirkland, Tom Sizemore, Vinnie Jones, Vincent Pastore, Erin Gray and Jay Underwood were some names from a few years ago.

Who else have you seen recently?

2. Collapse Details
    Mel Novak, Gary Busey. I haven't seen them, but a producer friend says they'll work with indies for 10K per day. It's too rich for me right now, but something I'm hoping to achieve soon.

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

3. Collapse Details
    A couple of things to keep in mind is many well known actors need to qualify for health care thru sag, so if they are a 1000$ short at thanksgiving they may take a part for little pay they might not have considered six months earlier. If actors are doing a lot of quality theatre work you may be able to get someone very well known to work with you if the writing grabs th attention. A quick perusal of the casts of the decade of mumblecore indies will give you hundreds of known actors willing to work with indies on lower budget films. A friend got a very well known actress that starred in a bunch of blockbusters to do a day for 2k. She was between agents and liked the script. Six months earlier or later and no way she would have done it as cheap or possibly at all.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.