1. Collapse Details
    DPR and TR Board Warnings
    Hi!

I am Begining to have some problems with my F35 Lately,

i get Warnings about DPR and TR boards more consistently.
    Before i just ignored the warnings when and and if they came up, usually they came when i have changed between IF-box and Otto-nemenz plate for Codex or the Original recorder,
    i assumed that it could be some some confusing settings change, conflict of protocol or somthing, but a restart always solved the problem, it didnt appear offten so i just forgot about it.

But now it does happen almost all the time, usually its fine the first startup of the day, but if i restart the camera for any reason i always get the warnings, if i wait to about 10 minutes or more it can work but not always.

i assume it has to do with actually starting and getting power to the boards, because i have never any other problems when it starts correctly and it is always both DPR and TR warnings, never one of them at a time.
    and i know they have somthing to do with the docking connections because they stop working.

i had times when i used bad batteries that had quick voltage drops under the 10.5v working level without killing the camera, i think that may have damaged or just weakened some power handling components, but that may be false.

Have you Guys had this problem?

2. Collapse Details
    I’ve only had a perpetual max fan issue on one of my F35’s.

3. Collapse Details
    I would send it to Sony. No idea what they are or how to fix it. Did you try resetting the camera? Re-installing the latest firmware? Good luck. Get her back to life!
    https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...-MF3500001.pdf

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks!

I didnt think about that, I will reset the firmware and see if it will help. I will also carefully open up and look for dust build up inside it could be that, I have had my camera literally through flames together with Smoke Divers, and a lot of dust, breezes of salt water, but have had no problem then, that was many years ago.

I messaged Sony´s support, and they said that i could send in the camera for them to check it, but if it will cost more than the camera itself to change the board its not that interesting and they couldn't say beforehand what price we are talking about.
    But still, might be worth sending in, even if not fixed, they may have a good report on what is going on, if i am not able to fix it myself.

5. Collapse Details
    As long as you are carefull with the sensor to AD converter card, the rest of the system is pretty much like taking apart a really compact PC build.

6. Collapse Details
    I have spare set of boards if you are interested. I had a bunch of similar errors from a fan not being plugged in all the way.

7. Collapse Details
    @rbirnbaum, i’ll start seeing if i can swap out parts and isolate the fan issue after cinegear.

8. Collapse Details
    James, all the fans plug into what I call the mainboard. This is the board that all the cards plug into. Because your issue isn't with the fan controller itself (part we swapped). All the fans connect to this mainboard and are controlled by temp sensors, it is all located on this same motherboard.

I am willing to part out the boards I have. The only other thing you could try on your own is repairing the temp sensor on the board.

9. Collapse Details
    Inhave two camera bodies. Going to try that first, but would be down to meet up. You move yet?