Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Has anyone tried the 512GB cards from Silicon Power? $300 for an hour of Canon RL with no extra cables or devices to wrangle seems like a good way to go.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    Has anyone tried the 512GB cards from Silicon Power? $300 for an hour of Canon RL with no extra cables or devices to wrangle seems like a good way to go.
    I'm curious about this too. I have purposely avoided the 512GB EgoDisks as there have been lots of reports of issues that the 256GB cards haven't had.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I’ve recorded dozens of hours on a pair of EgoDisk 512s without issue. Hoping they continue to be problem free.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by for_mlove View Post
    I’ve recorded dozens of hours on a pair of EgoDisk 512s without issue. Hoping they continue to be problem free.
    Good to hear. The first Egodisk 512s that came out definitely were giving people some issues and then I think they came out with another line of them, there was a premium, slightly more expensive variant that was not reading and showing up on the camera?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

5. Collapse Details
    Crossposting from the C200 Compatible CFast Thread in case it helps anyone here make a decision:

I have been looking for reliable 512GB cards to record CRL. Canon's official list is outdated and doesn't include any 512GB cards. I reached out to their Cinema division to address rumors that the C200 does not support any CFast cards larger than 256GB. Here is what Canon had to say:
    I am not aware of any specific limitations when using cards in the vicinity of 512 GB. I believe the reason you probably don't see them on the list is because, like you mentioned, it was released in a time before cards that size were industry standard.
    Then I reached out to the three "premium" card manufacturers, and here's what I heard back:

SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO CFast 2.0 Memory Card - $600 on B&H
    Please allow me to inform you that your CFast card is supported by your camera [the C200]... This card will work fine with your camera.
    Angelbird 512GB AV Pro CF CFast 2.0 Memory Card - $530 on B&H
    While technically our AV PRO CF 512GB cards are compatible with the Canon C200 we did see some strange issues, yes. From time to time the C200 won't detect cards that are already formatted, requiring the user to insert the card multiple times for the camera to successfully establish a link to the card. This will NOT happen if the cards are 'empty' although.
    ProGrade Digital 512GB CFast 2.0 Memory Card - $700 on B&H (or $1200 for two)
    Our engineering lab confirms ProGrade Digital CFast 512GB memory cards perform flawlessly across all benchmark testing on the Canon EOS C200 Cinema Camera.
    I also contacted the company behind the most inexpensive 512GB CFast card that I could find in July 2019:

Silicon Power 512GB CFast 2.0 CinemaPro CFX310 Memory Card - $300 on Amazon
    Regarding your question, actually, we donít really test it on Canon C200. However, the performance of our CFX310 512GB is R: up to 529 MB/s, W: up to 198 MB/s (based on card reader), also you could refer to the detailed specification of our CFX310 512GB as below to make sure if it meets your request. https://www.silicon-power.com/web/product-CFX310

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    I snagged one of these on a whim and have been shooting with it for the past two weeks. So far its been solid as a rock (just like my Freetail cards) in my C200 and Z-Cam E2. $143 at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power...y&sr=8-2-spell
    Finally got a Silicon Power 256 GB CFast 2.0 card. Want to report back that it works with C300II as well as 1DXII. So 1DXII guys can safely buy it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123