Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I have the fresnels on my 200-C's and they do not give me the same results as Arri tungsten fresnels(i.e: 300 or 650). Honestly the results I've gotten trying to cut with the fresnel/barndoors are not much better than with the open face reflector/barndoors on my 100-C's. In other words, no hard cut, just more or less "soft flagging" of the light.
    This is good info to know R&G... I've been considering selling one of my 100's and getting a 200 instead for the extra output... but not sure. Have you tried your 200 with a Leko attachment ( mini or other) instead of the fresnel?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    This is good info to know R&G... I've been considering selling one of my 100's and getting a 200 instead for the extra output... but not sure. Have you tried your 200 with a Leko attachment ( mini or other) instead of the fresnel?
    I have the mini-Source 4's on my 100's. I picked a few up for cheap a few years ago when my local Barbizon had a 'garage sale' *. They work well, but the output on the 100's is a little low. I haven't tried them on the 200's yet. I'd really like to try the adapter for the full-size Source 4 barrels(adapter is over $400). I think you can buy an LED Source 4 for a lot less than a 200 and the adapter and barrel(Hive sells a kit with the 200, barrel and adapter for over $2600). BUT I think the only way you're going to get a really hard, defined cut is with a Source 4/Leko barrel.

Has anyone noticed just how damn expensive Source 4's are, now? They used to be dirt cheap. Now the barrels themselves sell for more than an entire unit used to. Heck, B&H doesn't even stock them anymore.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Has anyone noticed just how damn expensive Source 4's are, now? They used to be dirt cheap. Now the barrels themselves sell for more than an entire unit used to. Heck, B&H doesn't even stock them anymore.
    Thanks - and YES! Prices for the adapters are quite high as are barrels. I've been keeping an eye out for used barrels - but no luck.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    Thanks - and YES! Prices for the adapters are quite high as are barrels. I've been keeping an eye out for used barrels - but no luck.
    That’s one of the things. The barrels they are selling are refurbs! And they still want over $400 just for the barrel. I remember buying complete Source 4’s with 50 degree lenses for like $300. An entire functioning, ready to use light: $300. Now it costs you more than that for just part of it. Crazy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123