1. Collapse Details
    Searching within a thread
    Some of the threads contain hundreds of posts. Was is the best way for searching within a large thread for a specific post?

2. Collapse Details
    Go to Google. In the search window enter the text you are searching for followed by "site:dvxuser.com". For example, if you were searching for a thread about pastarmi you would enter 'pastrami site:dvxuser.com' and the fifth result of the search would be this - http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...leases)/page24

which would take you to page 24 of the thread and down the page you would find post 235 by Norbro where he mentions pastrami. That's the quick way. You can get more refined searches by going to Google and clicking the advanced search button which will take you to a page where you can enter more filters.

Note that Google won't find posts that are very recent. It takes it a while to catch up.
    Last edited by Paul F; 04-21-2019 at 04:11 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    You got your fifth box because of NorBro's pastrami test...Harvard, here we come!

4. Collapse Details
    Ugh, Harvard. No thanks.

The NorBro syndrome. Someone at Harvard should get a grant and write a paper about it. I see the title of the paper to be 'The NorBro Syndrome - On the Behavior of Anonymous Persons Rewarding and Punishing other Anonymous Persons Over the Internet'.

I grew up in the era of gold stars being posted on the wall next to your name in class. I was a poor student in the lower grades and gold stars eluded me. I'm making up for lost time.

5. Collapse Details
    lol

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Go to Google. In the search window enter the text you are searching for followed by "site:dvxuser.com". For example, if you were searching for a thread about pastarmi you would enter 'pastrami site:dvxuser.com' and the fifth result of the search would be this - http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...leases)/page24

which would take you to page 24 of the thread and down the page you would find post 235 by Norbro where he mentions pastrami. That's the quick way. You can get more refined searches by going to Google and clicking the advanced search button which will take you to a page where you can enter more filters.

Note that Google won't find posts that are very recent. It takes it a while to catch up.
    Paul, thanks for the quick response. Your method helped me find an old post in a few seconds. Thanks again.