1. Collapse Details
    X-T3 smoothest settings for editing
    I find H265 from the X-T3 to be a struggle when editing so I started to test the camera and which settings I could get the smoothest editing experience and still have the best quality.

My main editing is done on a Win10/4 core-i7/Nvidia1080Ti with Nvme2 drives for media and my backup is a 6 core Macbook Pro 2018 15". Both with Premiere Pro 2019 struggle when it comes to H265 and they have about the same performance.

My testing so far has led me to use H265 UHD/DCI in LongGOP mode and at 200mb/s as this gives me the smoothest editing. Using All-I codec results in a mess of choppy playback in Premiere. I also found to set Premiere to "Maximum Render Quality" and "Composite in Linear Color" under Sequence Settings for best playback. With these settings I can even do light CC in real time while playing. It's not perfect as it seldom is with Premiere editing and sometimes playback I just choppy but a quick start/stop usually solves it.

Any other suggestions on achieving the best PP editing with X-T3 files?

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I'm on a 2017 Imac 27" and I can barely get 10fps on x-t3 footage. Transcoding is the way to go. H265 is just too intensive for my system at least...

3. Collapse Details
    2019 iMac here with FCP X 10.4.6. Same thing, H.265, as of today, should be transcoded to your preferred flavor of Prores for editing. H.265 is a lousy editing codec.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm shooting the X-T3 almost exclusively in Prores to the Ninja V because of the pain of editing H265...

It's a bit disappointing really, because I HATE having to rely on external recording - especially with a cable connection as PATHETIC as Micro HDMI.

5. Collapse Details
    I was editing XT3 4K footage in a 1080p timeline in Davinci Resolve and FCPX on 2019 iMac base model 24GB RAM without any issues. I applied a basic test grade, and it still played back fine.

That said, the computer was brand new and the project relatively simple.

6. Collapse Details
    Hi there, I personaly use Davinci 16 (beta) and i can successfully edit 4k 50fps on my laptop (ROG Zephyrus i7-8750h gtx1070 and 32gb ram).
    The secret is to generate proxy/optimized media even if it takes a while (a full 8hours day /300gb of files requires 8 hours), so if you have time i'd suggest that instead of transcoding beacuse you can just delete those optimized media after delivery (I hate having to deal with another big set of files).
    Generally speaking i find Davinci to be slightly faster the premiere while editing with optimized media, but it will be VERY demanding if you do an aggressive color correction
    Hope that helps

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah I just transcode to prores or shoot 8 bit.