1. Collapse Details
    Best small ball or fluid head to mount c300 to a slider?
    Trying to lighten my load (using air travel for 100% of my shoots) and want to get a ball head or flat base fluid head that is small and light to mount to my slider setup. Any good recommendations for something super lightweight and not too tall (I shoot a ton of slider content from ground level, closer to the ground the better for what I do)? I don't necessarily need to pan while recording a slide move, but it's a nice feature when you have it which is why I'm considering a smaller fluid head option. But open to ball head if it makes sense.

I strip the camera down for the sliders, so it should only weight about 7-8lbs (body, small battery, kit monitor, shotgun mic, lens) Looking at these as options at the moment

RRS BH-40 Ballhead

Manfrotto MVH500AH Fluidhead
    Last edited by Lkorver; 04-16-2019 at 12:18 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    I use the MVH500AH for my slider work, but it isn't nearly as rock solid as a good ball head and it is tall enough make vibrations more noticeable. Also, the counter balance spring is not strong enough to hold a C300. It does have a very smooth pan, though. In all my searching, I never found anything better for a small light fluid head.

Kessler makes a ball head specifically for low profile slider work. It doesn't pan at all, but it is rock solid and minimizes vibration and height. https://store.kesslercrane.com/produ...l-head-v2.html

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Cpreston, great info!