1. Collapse Details
    Writing my first feature film (Micro Budget) Need advice on opening scene.
    I just wanted to gather others opinions on this. I am working on the opening scene for a feature script and the film deals with the occult. The opening is essentially are main character reliving the mass suicide of the cult. To film this how I want it would require a lot in terms of costuming, set and practical effects.

I have been tinkering with the idea of going a very different route and want input on how others would feel if they watched it as an opening scene.

My thought was too have the entire opening scene which will most likely only be 1 minute be a black screen. The main character would have a garbage bag around her head during mass suicide moment. So my thought was to keep it from her perspective inside the bag and hearing what is happening to others around her ect. This would transition into a car driving scene at the end via her brothers voice to insinuate she was reliving this experience in her head.

With good sound design do you feel this could be a solid way to open? Any suggestions welcome.

2. Collapse Details
    A minute of black is a long time to hold the audience. Play it out in your head with the sound design and decide for yourself it you can really carry an audience with sound alone. If it doesn't work, you could try to supplement that with flashes of images. The images may be a lot easier to stage than a scene.

3. Collapse Details
    maybe the garbage bag is translucent and we see muddy/dark/blurry images if what she sees. You could still have it not be super elaborate based on where/what she’s facing (a wall? one other person? etc.). But yes your idea generally about radically rethinking your approach based on resources is a good one (to me) and can lead to some very creative outside-the-box ideas.