Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    The whole point of time code to set it sync it and forget it.
    The moment you need to have it on your radar it stops doing what itís supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    It also goes out of sync with current time any time you change a battery, have to reset to current time with each change of battery.

2. Collapse Details
    I don't think true V/HFR (not just 60p) typically syncs to free run TC on many cameras. Regarding switching back to standard frame rates or changing batteries with free run, a typical setup uses a tentacle or similar TC box feeding the camera for continuity. I remember at least the base GH5 has a way to receive external TC. (external shutter release port, I think)

3. Collapse Details
    The GH5 only supports timecode through HDMI. The GH5S also has SDI that only supports jam sync’d time code.

4. Collapse Details
    Ok..guess I was thinking of GH5S:
    "The flash sync terminal on the GH5S now takes on a secondary function, with the help of the supplied BNC conversion cable. The camera supports time code in/out, a feature that’s vital for professional multi-camera productions, but not a feature that’s usually seen on cameras of this class. Traditionally, you’d need to purchase a third party accessory (remember the GH4’s chunky YAGH unit?), so to have this built into the camera body is a big win for Panasonic.."
    https://www.wexphotovideo.com/blog/pro-video/gh5s/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12