1. Collapse Details
    Best cheap/free HLG to 709 LUT or process?
    Assuming this works on the S1 as well. Wanting to shoot in HLG on the S1 (higher bitrate HEVC 10-bit capture internal) but then just transcode to ProRes for editing, and convert it down to Rec 709 space and get the extra DR and better codec while waiting for the vlog update in July.

Are there any good LUTs to download to convert HLG to SDR editing? I did a quick google and saw MysteryBox LUTs, who wanted $250 for a LUT which isn't just ridiculous, it's offensive.

Recommendations?

2. Collapse Details
    https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4266166

Otherwise it looks like shooting a colorchecker and making your own may be the way to go.

3. Collapse Details
    Emotive Color made a free LUT to convert GH5 HLG to Vlog, but I have no idea if it will be useful with S1 footage. Definitely worth trying.

4. Collapse Details
    You're not using Resolve?

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you! I'll check these out. Much appreciated.

Tom - I've played around, it is wonderful! It's convoluted for the workflow some of my projects (large, long, sometimes utilizing footage over 7 years, etc.) and it's easier for me to just keep it all in Premiere. For shorter form stuff, I want to take advantage of the round tripping workflow to play more. As well, I always have my eye on them for a potential transition away from Adobe. Curious to see what Resolve 16 brings.

In the meantime, adjustment layers and copy/paste of Lumetri filters with LUTs and conversions is my go to!

Thanks again, all.

6. Collapse Details
    You may want to check out the Leeming LUT. The LUT started with Panasonic cameras (HLG, V-Log, and Cine-D), and now has versions for a variety of cameras to align them all to an accurate Rec. 709 base.