Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Collapse Details
    Well, my Rode Wireless Go turned up on Friday and I have been playing around with it this weekend. I was under no illusions about its performance before buying and, with that in mind, it delivers as expected if not slightly better, especially if the RX unit is oriented vertically (i.e. parallel to the TX), which seems to be missed in most, if not all, reviews. The only slightly unexpected negative is the input sensitivity (for which, obviously, there is no control): for very loud singing/shouting, this seems to clip, so some form of pad might be needed in those circumstances (though most lavs don't have a high max SPL: perhaps, therefore, just use a less sensitive/high SPL lavs for those cases). I'm not a user of wireless (mostly recording/filming music) nor, indeed, a fan of lavs with their high self-noise, but purchased it for a particular project later this week (a music doc in the Alpujarras, for which I have to travel unusually light). The internal mic sounds very little different from my Rode lav (by which I mean their one with the Micon connectors), but, for the sake of noise against clothing (bad when using the inbuilt mic) and visibility, will be using the separate lav. There is no distinguishable difference between the lav into the recorder (SD Mixpre-3) direct vs wired: not that I would adopt the wireless approach unless essential and, of course, a (noisy) lav mic for dialogue is not the most discriminating test. For me, for a few distant shots where the TX unit can be attached (invisibly) on the front of the subject, it will be fine. For others, obviously, a more professional wireless may well be essential.

Cheers,

Roland

2. Collapse Details
    I just talked to somebody, that did a test with it. He said, he did not experience dropouts. He left the receiver in his store and went outside the building. Had no dropouts. I said I was gonna come by and test the thing for my self, just as Curtis Judd did. The guy from the store kinda gave me some hope, that this thing might work better, then we were lead to believe till now...

Throwback, did you experience any dropouts while outside, with the TX being behind the talent?
    Sanjin Švajger

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KINOKS View Post
    Throwback, did you experience any dropouts while outside, with the TX being behind the talent?
    Yes, it does dropout with the TX behind the talent and the RX in front once out of immediate proximity (see the various reviews for distances): as I said, things improve when the RX unit is oriented vertically (i.e. parallel to the TX). I knew this beforehand and it is fine for my use, but do test yourself to see if it suits your usage.

Cheers,

Roland

4. Collapse Details
    I've now had the Rode Wireless Go for about a month now. I can say definitively at $200 this is something you want in your audio kit. It's tiny and it's a great little problem solver. Audio quality is great. Range not so much. Definitely it's not the only wireless you'll want in your kit. But at the price it's phenomenally useful. Pair it with the Deity V-Mic D3 Pro and you also have a wireless shotgun. It's much better than the Sennheiser XSW. I once had the XSW fail on me when it was 15 feet away from the transmitter line of site. I had to get an audio cable and move it 5 feet forward to get a reliable signal. POS.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789