Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Interesting camera. There are numerous reviews of the Z-Cam E2 on youtube but none of them mention recording audio internally. The camera's specs state the camera has built in mics and can record 24bit 48KHz audio internally via its audio connector on the back panel. My question is for those of you who own or have used this camera. How do you control the internal audio record levels? Is this via a menu or can you assign buttons to audio record levels?

2. Collapse Details
    It's an interesting company, think of GoPro in the early days when they were just starting and their cameras kind of sucked. Even the HD(v1) wasn't great, but version after version (and lack of competition) boosted them up to something big. Hoping that Zcam can make their way to better reputation. That said, the price for an unknown is kind of killing them. You can buy a lot of GH5 bodies for that money, or a lot of BMPCC4K for that money. I'd be more inclined to go with a pocket 4k right now, even though there are some things that the E2 will do differently enough to be called better for the application. It's tough to break into this world.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    It's an interesting company, think of GoPro in the early days when they were just starting and their cameras kind of sucked. Even the HD(v1) wasn't great, but version after version (and lack of competition) boosted them up to something big. Hoping that Zcam can make their way to better reputation. That said, the price for an unknown is kind of killing them. You can buy a lot of GH5 bodies for that money, or a lot of BMPCC4K for that money. I'd be more inclined to go with a pocket 4k right now, even though there are some things that the E2 will do differently enough to be called better for the application. It's tough to break into this world.
    Greg, right on point. That's why I purchased the Pocket 4K (instead of the Z Cam E2). Also, Z Cam E2 a lot of bugs with early adapters, too many unknowns and the FrankenRig extreme syndrome (connect this, connect that, I hope this all works, etc)........ Now if I had to suggest one of the up and coming companies, I'd highly suggest Kinefinity (and not just because I owned the Terra 4K), but because they've been at it for a longer period of time and they are STARTING to figure it all out. AND more online footage and owners around that have GOOD working cameras......
    Last edited by ntouched; 04-05-2019 at 10:40 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    Interesting. Guessing the m4/3rds camera is using the GH5s sensor but the slow motion seems to be better than the GH5s. It shows 240fps in 1080 but does anybody know if the sensor is windowed in this mode? The lack of an LCD or viewfinder is not ideal for non-cinema work imho.
    What exactly makes you think this is the GH5s sensor? I read nothing in the article that even remotely matches the GH5s senor other than the resolution which we still donít really know what the sensor itself can do. Only that it can record 4096 wide.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    Interesting. Guessing the m4/3rds camera is using the GH5s sensor but the slow motion seems to be better than the GH5s. It shows 240fps in 1080 but does anybody know if the sensor is windowed in this mode? The lack of an LCD or viewfinder is not ideal for non-cinema work imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    What exactly makes you think this is the GH5s sensor? I read nothing in the article that even remotely matches the GH5s senor other than the resolution which we still don’t really know what the sensor itself can do. Only that it can record 4096 wide.
    GH5s uses IMX299, E2 uses IMX294, they are essentially the same sensor with only minor differences.

6. Collapse Details
    What Marvin said... I had read this in a few places.

7. Collapse Details
    Great cameras. We used two as part of a custom 360 solution and they worked very well. Was skeptical as well but workhorses for sure.

KS.
    "I dream for a living" - Steven Spielberg

IMDb Page

www.kegansant.com

8. Collapse Details
    These new ones won't be ready until later this year. Which ones did you use?

(Or are you just supporting Z CAM cameras in general?)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    I own 2 Z Cam E1s for VR use, and have used several of their integrated 360 cameras as well. They work ok when they work, but the image has serious issues - especially when shooting log.

However the real issues come when something goes wrong - good luck figuring out what the problem is or how to fix it. When you have a problem, you are screwed - and the problems happen often.

I can see how one might have a positive impression of them from using brand-new cameras once - but that's not a very good indicator of the quality of a product. Try living with them for a bit - you'll want to chuck them out the window soon enough.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Z Cam E2 4K versions
    "I dream for a living" - Steven Spielberg

IMDb Page

www.kegansant.com

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast