Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    You know...I was actually going to post how the reviews at B&H seem really good for this camera (and people can be pretty brutal).

Out of 19 reviews, 17 gave it 5 stars - 1 is 3 stars - and 1 is 1 star.

That is a pretty rare ratio for a camera like this.

(Not to say you should go buy a camera based on reviews, but just saying.)
    Holy cow, were those the stats? I got it all wrong then. (BTW: that movie you made with the pocket is unbelievable! I saw the clip you posted....)

I guess I homed in on the bad one then. I saw it suggested to me in my "Help, I need somebody, Help!" thread and saw it on B&H and was amazed people had some in their hands so quickly! How they are out in the wild and reviewed when they are just being announced has me dizzy!)

2. Collapse Details
    haha, I don't think that was me...there is nothing I film/edit that's really unbelievable (just being real).

Also, the $1999 has been shipping for a few months. The 6K and 8K are brand new and were just announced.

3. Collapse Details
    haha, I don't think that was me...there is nothing I film/edit that's really unbelievable (just being real).

Also, the $1999 has been shipping for a few months. The 6K and 8K are brand new and were just announced.
    Oh, really? What a dummy. That explains it! I hope this camera takes off. It's like an affordable RED.... (Those drone dunes and lighthouse shots... ahem....)

4. Collapse Details
    Share the link!

5. Collapse Details
    Share the link!
    I'm gonna get shredded for (inadvertently) hijacking this thread, but here goes!

https://vimeo.com/120887527

6. Collapse Details
    Definitely not mine, but I posted that somewhere supporting the BMCC, which was the main camera used (the pocket was used only on the aerials according to a description on the official BM forum).

I share dozens of links weekly...probably maybe should make it more clear none of them are mine, haha.

7. Collapse Details
    Hopefully these Zcams do a good job of supplementing BMCs continued innovation-at-affordable-prices front. (Well, shooting aside, you still have exceptional taste, then, as that aerial and nighttime outdoor work really does fire on all cylinders, and shows what a BMC, and/or possibly a Zcam can do!)

8. Collapse Details
    Personally, I think the $2K territory is as good as it will get for them.

I believe that most people looking at a new camera will be okay with dropping that amount, and if it doesn't work out - "oh, well" - they can sell it.

But once you're asking $4K-$5K-$6K and you need additional accessories, you're bordering on a bit too much for 75% of that group.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Personally, I think the $2K territory is as good as it will get for them.

I believe that most people looking at a new camera will be okay with dropping that amount, and if it doesn't work out - "oh, well" - they can sell it.

But once you're asking $4K-$5K-$6K and you need additional accessories, you're bordering on a bit too much for 75% of that group.
    I agree. For that money, there are lots of other interesting choices. Plus, those cameras are like buying Arri or RED in the sense of you just buy a box with a sensor and you also have to source and supply and configure everything else about the camera. Which to me is the opposite of what I want to do these days. Fine for some adventurous souls and really, the bottom line will be the footage but once you are shooting a LOT and shooting for paying clients who are breathing down your neck, you don't want to experiment and have to keep trying combos of support gear to make your box camera work well. At least that's my take on it.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    like buying Arri or RED in the sense of you just buy a box with a sensor and you also have to source and supply and configure everything else about the camera.
    Arris aren't like that at all.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast