Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    These Zcam guys are killing it!!

2. Collapse Details
    Interesting. Guessing the m4/3rds camera is using the GH5s sensor but the slow motion seems to be better than the GH5s. It shows 240fps in 1080 but does anybody know if the sensor is windowed in this mode? The lack of an LCD or viewfinder is not ideal for non-cinema work imho.

3. Collapse Details
    Shows you what's possible! I hope Panny takes a no compromise approach to GH6, I think they will (and have to as the market presses more into FF - even with their own S1). The main thing to differentiate on the m43 platform for video is in codecs and fps I would think.

With p4k and z2 cameras pushing the envelope and showing what's possible, might we see a 2020 GH6 and GH6s simultaneously launched (GH6 with 6k/8k, 6S with up to 4K but lowlight focused) with 4K/120, 2K/240, internal ProRes RAW to v90 SD card (or at least HDMI ProRes RAW output). Could they even do something crazy and add an SDI port? If they did a two version up front launch (both with IBIS), with all batteries and official accessories (like audio unit) remaining compatible at around ~$2K price point and specs like that...

Anyway, these z2 cameras are a perfect fit if you need cheap super slow motion, especially if you already own some accessories like a monitor and a few small rig pieces/battery to power it all. Could fit into a lot of workflows nice for that.

How has the reliability been for this company's past products?

4. Collapse Details
    Hmm...I am on the fence about these. The demo reel M43 version doesn't look very good to me overall and the concept means that by default, these will ALWAYS be a FrankenRig, which is generally horrible as it is on my C200 and X-T3. But the S35 version and the options for frame rates and codecs are interesting.
    One of our fellow users here, Alex H just took delivery of the M43 version, I am curious to hear about his experience and to see some of his footage, demo reel footage from companies is almost always a poor way to judge a camera.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Have you ever tried to use a Z Cam?

Don't believe the hype - they aren't there yet. They are incredibly buggy, have serious image quality issues, and have a horrible reliability record. I applaud their efforts, but they have a long way to go in anything but specs/numbers wars.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    I agree with Dan, give me a camera with screens over a sensor in a box any day. I have been using a Sony RX10 II for 240fps in a sports setting and it has done an admirable job but a more recent sensor would be nice. When I look at the Z2 for other uses the lack of visual feedback without a separate monitor makes it feel cumbersome.

Yes, rooting for a GH5si or a killer GH6si with 2k240p.

7. Collapse Details
    Dan is 100% on target/ very well stated (FrankenRig, no real footage, etc). I too ALMOST pulled the trigger on the Z Cam E2. But after reading REAL forum reviews, watching as much online footage as I could find, I decided against purchasing. On some of the smaller companies, it's sometimes better to "Watch and Wait"! I did recently purchase a BlackMagic Pocket 4K from NorBro (couldn't pass on the overall deal he gave me, including a Panny O.I.S. lens). So far, the Pocket 4K has been everything I expected. I even prefer (for various reasons) over my Kinefinity Terra 4K.........

8. Collapse Details
    I saw the $1999 version at B&H, and noticed some reviews were a bit mixed.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by olindacat View Post
    I saw the $1999 version at B&H, and noticed some reviews were a bit mixed.
    You know...I was actually going to post how the reviews at B&H seem really good for this camera (and people can be pretty brutal).

Out of 19 reviews, 17 gave it 5 stars - 1 is 3 stars - and 1 is 1 star.

That is a pretty rare ratio for a camera like this.

(Not to say you should go buy a camera based on reviews, but just saying.)

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    ... With p4k and z2 cameras pushing the envelope and showing what's possible, might we see a 2020 GH6 and GH6s simultaneously launched (GH6 with 6k/8k, 6S with up to 4K but lowlight focused) with 4K/120, 2K/240, internal ProRes RAW to v90 SD card (or at least HDMI ProRes RAW output). Could they even do something crazy and add an SDI port? ...
    According to Panasonic, there won't be an 8K M43 camera. Not that there can't be but they have the full frame models to sell and it makes no sense for them to cannibalize own business. For all we know, they'll just add some sort of an internal Raw (ProRes or Black Magic) to the CFexpress cards and call it a day on the GH line.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast