1. Collapse Details
    Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Teaser Trailer Released!

I'm excited!
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography
    I popped by Hollywood Blvd when they were shooting the driving scenes and it was a pretty magnificent piece of art direction. I was with Alison Martino who wrote this piece on that night's shoot with some good BTS: https://la.curbed.com/2018/7/25/1761...e-in-hollywood.

Note the Vogue theatre marquee appearing in the trailer at :44, :48 and 1:06--they made good use of that piece of the boulevard!
    Charles Papert

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesPapert View Post
    I popped by Hollywood Blvd when they were shooting the driving scenes and it was a pretty magnificent piece of art direction. I was with Alison Martino who wrote this piece on that night's shoot with some good BTS: https://la.curbed.com/2018/7/25/1761...e-in-hollywood.

Note the Vogue theatre marquee appearing in the trailer at :44, :48 and 1:06--they made good use of that piece of the boulevard!
    Yeah I watched almost all BTS videos i could find on it last year on YouTube.. truly looks like QT will outdo himself once again. Some are saying he might even top Pulp Fiction.. in my eyes he hasnt yet but thats just me.
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3

4. Collapse Details
    If this trailer didn't have big name actors in it (often indicating signing to a great script), or the name QT, I'd watch the trailer and just be like... "huh?". And not think another thing of it. Just from the trailer, I have no idea even remotely what the movie is really about.

Not a criticism at all on the trailer, I just thought it was interesting how advertising changes depending on context. QT and gang there has reached a point where they can release a trailer that basically tells you nothing other than that their next project is coming, and we're all salivating.

Point in case: because I know who's behind it, I watched the trailer and I can't wait. I'll be there opening weekend.

5. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography
    They really manage to bury the lede on the meat of the story, which is the Manson murders. Barely hinted at it in this trailer, it's pretty much just atmospheric.

The other interesting piece of info is that Leo and Brad's characters are based on Burt Reynolds and Hal Needham.
    Charles Papert

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesPapert View Post
    They really manage to bury the lede on the meat of the story, which is the Manson murders. Barely hinted at it in this trailer, it's pretty much just atmospheric.

The other interesting piece of info is that Leo and Brad's characters are based on Burt Reynolds and Hal Needham.
    From what I understand, the Manson murders are just kind of atmospheric in the movie itself, happening on the periphery of the movie, not the meat of the story itself. Manson interacted with a lot of Hollywood characters so I think the movie is more about those interactions. An interesting fact, Steve McQueen was supposed to be at the party the night of the murders, and was a target of Manson. I wonder how things would have gone down, had he been there.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    If this trailer didn't have big name actors in it (often indicating signing to a great script), or the name QT, I'd watch the trailer and just be like... "huh?". And not think another thing of it. Just from the trailer, I have no idea even remotely what the movie is really about.

Not a criticism at all on the trailer, I just thought it was interesting how advertising changes depending on context. QT and gang there has reached a point where they can release a trailer that basically tells you nothing other than that their next project is coming, and we're all salivating.

Point in case: because I know who's behind it, I watched the trailer and I can't wait. I'll be there opening weekend.
    I wouldn’t have worded it this way, but a big ole +1