Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    Filmguy, I don;t have the Cloud version. I have the five disk boxed set. Can I get the ProRes export as an add on?
    Interesting if true. And interesting anyway.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Premiere now supports ProRes export
    I don't have the Cloud version. I use the boxed CD software version. Is there a standalone download I can add?
    Interesting if true. And interesting anyway.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
    HLG is also a LOG curve generated by BBC and NHK so that they can transmit files that SDR and HDR can see acceptably. Can think of it as an extended Rec709.
    Part of the curve corresponds to Rec 709, but the brighter range is extended in HLG mode. It also uses a Rec 2020 gamut container most of the time for HDR TV's.

On the GH5 (and GH5s), it apparently looks like HLG is the only way to get the camera to capture a wider range of color in the various recordable codecs or to an external recorder (such as the Atomos Shogun) via HDMI as the other profiles are pretty much based around a Rec 709 gamut.

There are LUTS available to convert HLG to VLOG for further grading and yet keep the wider Rec 2020 gamut. You also need the latest versions of DaVinci Resolve or Final Cut Pro. Adobe, in their infinite wisdom, still seems to force everything into a Rec 709 space.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTollwannabe View Post
    Part of the curve corresponds to Rec 709, but the brighter range is extended in HLG mode. It also uses a Rec 2020 gamut container most of the time for HDR TV's.

On the GH5 (and GH5s), it apparently looks like HLG is the only way to get the camera to capture a wider range of color in the various recordable codecs or to an external recorder (such as the Atomos Shogun) via HDMI as the other profiles are pretty much based around a Rec 709 gamut.

There are LUTS available to convert HLG to VLOG for further grading and yet keep the wider Rec 2020 gamut. You also need the latest versions of DaVinci Resolve or Final Cut Pro. Adobe, in their infinite wisdom, still seems to force everything into a Rec 709 space.
    The very reason I have a Ninja V to record UHD60P HLG. I edit in EDIUS or Resolve Studio on a PC.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
    The very reason I have a Ninja V to record UHD60P HLG. I edit in EDIUS or Resolve Studio on a PC.
    Do you use a particular HLG to VLOG conversion LUT and/or do you tend to stay within the Rec 2020 space or downconvert to the limited Rec 709?

6. Collapse Details
    This particular camera is used for a fullstage theatre shoot with three other cameras that are shooting in rec709. I use to keep a good archive of the event and encode to h265. It is used in a multicam 1920x1080 project and I do not use a LUT as both EDIUS and Resolve can manage colour space and gamma conversion just fine and leaves me the ability to recover highlights or shadow detail as I want. This particular camera is unattended and using HLG gives me a better range to work with.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678