Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Collapse Details
    Not sure of the bankruptcy laws where they are at, but I was burned by an agency a couple of years ago who knew the bankruptcy laws very well, and planned out their exit strategy with the purchase of new primary vehicles and primary residences including the purchase of a lake house using client funds. They even had me editing to deliver spots for a Friday noon cutoff, with delivery of their bankruptcy notice being delivered after I uploaded the commercials. So it doesn't surprise me to hear about the dude driving a Lambo now, since it's his primary vehicle, purchased with client deposits I assume.

2. Collapse Details
    lol, what a thread!

[Edit: The comment was deleted.]

3. Collapse Details
    I will forever call it the...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    ...happy pan bar.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs View Post
    What does one do after one wakes up to the truth about our civilization?
    Cook rice, eat, clean up.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Cinemartin released a number of years ago a product called Cinec. It was essentially a front end, a GUI running off of the commanline app, FFMpeg. Cinec cost a lot of money and even more if you wanted it to run on all cores of your machine. FFMpeg as many know on this board is a "free" open source encoder that runs by default on all cores of your machine.

Feast your eyes on this ...

http://www.cinemartin.com/cinec/buy/
    Last edited by Andrew Stone; Yesterday at 06:23 PM. Reason: correction

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Stone View Post
    Cinemartin released a number of years ago a product called Cinec. It was essentially a front end, a GUI running off of the commanline app, FFMpeg. Cinec cost a lot of money and even more if you wanted it to run on all cores of your machine. FFMpeg as many know on this board is a "free" open source encoder that runs by default on all cores of your machine.

Feast your eyes on this ...

http://www.cinemartin.com/cinec/buy/
    DirectShow/WMF for Windows and QuickTime/AVFoundation for OSX are also free APIs which can do audio-video processing (built in to the OS). It's OK to sell FFMPeg in a commercial product: https://video.stackexchange.com/ques...ercial-product . Whether they paid MPEG-LA/Apple et al for codec licenses is another question (a bigger issue if they were based in the US). Note you can also directly link to the libraries that make up ffmpeg and not use the standalone tools (I've done this on Linux). Last I checked it was necessary to cross-compile for Windows on Linux as native compilation wasn't possible.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910