1. Collapse Details
    CX-350 - Incompatible SD Cards?
    So I'm trying to shoot 400mb for the first time and I'm getting an "Incompatible Card" error on my SD cards.
    I'm using Sandisk Extreme Pro 300MB/s cards, 64GB and 128GB. I use these in my GH5 all the time for 400mb recording so I'm not sure what the deal is here.
    These are supposed to be the fastest cards on the market.

Other modes work fine. I've only needed to shoot 150mb thus far.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
    Red Weapon 8K

2. Collapse Details
    According to the manual you need video speed class V60 cards or higher when recording in 400 Mbps or SUPER SLOW ALL-I (100fps or 120fps in HD).

Unfortunately those SanDisk Extreme Pro cards do not have a video speed class designation (V30, V60, or V90), they only have the older UHS speed class (U3) indicating a 30 MB/s minimum guaranteed write speed. I believe this may be because these SanDisk Extreme Pro cards were released before the newer video speed class (Vxx) ratings existed. So even though the card is likely fast enough to record 400 Mbps (which is 50 MB/s), I'm guessing that the missing video speed class rating is why the camera is complaining.

One of the reviews for the 128GB San Disk Extreme Pro cards on B&H complains about a similar problem when trying to use the card to record 400Mbps in a Panasonic EVA1.

More on the various different SD card speed class designations here:
    https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

3. Collapse Details
    Ugh...well that's super annoying. Technically these cards are faster than the v90 ones from Panasonic.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
    Red Weapon 8K

4. Collapse Details
    The V60 rating is an SD card standard that specifies a minimum SUSTAINED write speed. Other cards may be faster occasionally, or in bursts, but the video industry has standardized on the V10/V30/V60/V90 system as a way for the camera (and the user) to know what the card is capable of.

Consumer cameras may not care as much, but professional camcorders are likely to pay very close attention to the speed ratings. And in that vein, the only speed rating that matters is the V speed; ratings like "600x" and "95mB/sec" are meaningless marketing terms. Minimum sustained write speed is the only stat that matters, to ensure that the card can successfully accept the data that the camera is sending it, hour after hour.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.