Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Puredrifting - any reason you didn't go with a D60?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD7K View Post
    Puredrifting - any reason you didn't go with a D60?
    You mean the Tascam DR60? If so, I have one. Great little recorder but A, it eats batteries and B, it's not a recorder you can actually put on the talent. The DR-10 is tiny and lightweight and you can put one on each talent and they walk around with it?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah the battery issue with the DR-60 baffles me when you think about how long batteries last with their other recorders. My mk1 is just terrible and part is the battery holder, and part the connector inside the recorder.

4. Collapse Details
    The powering solution with the DR-60D (and the mkII) is a USB power bank. Even a 10,000mAh can power that thing for well over a full shoot day.

But yes, the DR-10L is about the same size as a Senneheiser G3/G4 transmitter.
    Nobody notices audio... until it's not there.

Find Me on Instagram

5. Collapse Details
    Picked up one of these on Ebay and used on a shoot yesterday (single subject driving car). First impressions are that this is really going to help me as a solo shooter, especially with the XT3. The battery life is insanely long. It was a nearly 4 hr shoot and I was less than half way through one Energizer Alkaline. The sound from the stock mic is good but a little thin. The ergonomic and menu are great on this unit except the power/record slider is a little hard to catch with your finger (and mine are thin). My only other complaints are that the limiter seems pretty useless but because of the dual recording it's not a problem. And I was a little tripped up by the sensitivity settings. I tested my own voice and found H to be a good setting, but the talent clipped on H (he has a loud voice). I put this down to operator error but I wish you could find tune sensitivity a bit more. How is auto levels on this unit? In any case the Tascam is definitely going to be a huge benefit to my solo shoots...

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    Picked up one of these on Ebay and used on a shoot yesterday (single subject driving car). First impressions are that this is really going to help me as a solo shooter, especially with the XT3. The battery life is insanely long. It was a nearly 4 hr shoot and I was less than half way through one Energizer Alkaline. The sound from the stock mic is good but a little thin. The ergonomic and menu are great on this unit except the power/record slider is a little hard to catch with your finger (and mine are thin). My only other complaints are that the limiter seems pretty useless but because of the dual recording it's not a problem. And I was a little tripped up by the sensitivity settings. I tested my own voice and found H to be a good setting, but the talent clipped on H (he has a loud voice). I put this down
    to operator error but I wish you could find tune sensitivity a bit more. How is auto levels on this unit? In any case the Tascam is definitely going to be a huge benefit to my solo shoots...
    I tend to stay away from any auto setting as well as the limiter. Dual recording mode should have given you a lower db file even on H. If you have the latest firmware you can set it to -6 or -12db.
    Last edited by mico; 08-18-2019 at 11:26 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post
    I tend to stay away from any auto setting as well as the limiter. Dual recording mode should have given you a lower db file even on H. If you have the latest firmware you can set it to -6 or -12db.
    Yeah, dual recording set to -6, but the talent was so loud that he clipped the safety track :/

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    Yeah, dual recording set to -6, but the talent was so loud that he clipped the safety track :/
    So maybe -12dB would have been better?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

9. Collapse Details
    Since were talking about this recorder Tascam just released a firmware update 2.01 which fixes a manual text input issue when set to dual record mode.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234