1. Collapse Details
    Settings Sony wireless with SMAD shoe
    I bought a set of transmitters and a reciever from Sony. The UWX an URX with lavaliers. Including the SMAD shoe. That gives me 4 tracks of audio.

Is there anyone who has the same set and can share the best audio settings for the FS7 with me?

audio input level (or automatic level ) etc.

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    I have the dual receiver,2 lav transmitters and a butt plug on a 416. It’s a fantastic solution for the kind of fast moving and discrete doc work we do.

Settings - no different to video, really. Make sure your window of dynamic range is optimised from TX to RX to cam First check the TX mic input signal isn’t too hot, using the LED meter. Then set your camera levels to peak around -20. Run a dual channel at a lower level to catch overmod if you can. It’s the most convenient and bulletproof system I’ve ever owned/rented over 30 years, including various Microns and Lectros etc. A clever move by Sony - the SMAD is so convenient and reliable, it’s a significant factor that keeps me locked into the Sony ecosystem.

Ben.
    Ben Giles GBFTE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I didn't know the dual channel option also works with the dual reciever. Am I correct that this can result in having 8 audio channels (when I do this with all microphone inputs)?
    That explains why Davinci Resolve automaticly applies 8 audio channels for the Sony FS7

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    Thanks. I didn't know the dual channel option also works with the dual reciever. Am I correct that this can result in having 8 audio channels (when I do this with all microphone inputs)?
    That explains why Davinci Resolve automaticly applies 8 audio channels for the Sony FS7
    The FS7 will only record 4 channels of audio, but the XAVC standard allows up to 8.

Ben.
    Ben Giles GBFTE BAFTA

www.matobo.co.uk

@MatoboLtd

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks.
    I am relieved and disappointed, relieved that i didn't oversee the 'extra' channels in all the years I own the camera and disappointed that these 8 tracks only are annoying in Davinci.

So: My normal setup is two lavaliers and a shotgun on camera. So I have one spare channel to record an extra track with a different level. Or both lavaliers assigned to two channels, therefore without shotgun.

I think I keep the shotgun as a backup (saved me a few times).

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bengiles View Post
    I have the dual receiver,2 lav transmitters and a butt plug on a 416. It’s a fantastic solution for the kind of fast moving and discrete doc work we do.

Settings - no different to video, really. Make sure your window of dynamic range is optimised from TX to RX to cam First check the TX mic input signal isn’t too hot, using the LED meter. Then set your camera levels to peak around -20. Run a dual channel at a lower level to catch overmod if you can. It’s the most convenient and bulletproof system I’ve ever owned/rented over 30 years, including various Microns and Lectros etc. A clever move by Sony - the SMAD is so convenient and reliable, it’s a significant factor that keeps me locked into the Sony ecosystem.

Ben.
    I agree. The ability to have four channels of audio so easily and seamlessly is one of the reasons I purchased the FS7. I can't imagine not having those features moving forward after owning this camera. It is the most bulletproof system I've ever worked with, just like what you said.