Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. Collapse Details
    #51
    U-matic Member groveChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,571
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Well, you know, I am used to disappointing people left and right, over and down under.
    He's baaaaack! (from Australia?)


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #52
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    9,146
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    What do you use to grade footage? I'm about to move to Resolve 15, although I'll keep using PP 5.5 for fast turnaround projects.
    Color Wheels in FCP X 10.4.5 but trying to teach myself Resolve. I know Resolve is much more capable, but I'm not. Yet.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #53
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    9,146
    Default
    DLDs prediction number three is correct. ;-(
    No C100 MKIII or C300 MKIII at NAB, I saw
    what's being unveiled.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by groveChuck View Post
    He's baaaaack! (from Australia?)
    Nah. Rob is down under.

    But I did reconnect with an ex-next-to-next door neighbor of mine, who has been living in Melbourne for the last 25 years or so.

    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    DLDs prediction number three is correct. ;-( ...
    Well, that didn't take long. I clearly have the Hall of Fame credentials (.333 BA)


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #55
    Senior Member indiawilds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,221
    Default
    WhereTF were you DLD? We had discussions about your absence here. Like Trump can't do without his twitter, people can't do without your posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Can I make a prediction? Can I? May I? Come on, I logged in for the first time in a year and a half just for this.

    So, here it goes. Two cameras, as mentioned by Canon Rumors.

    C100 MKIII. $3,500, essentially C200 without CRL. I debate with myself on the codec (I always lose those debates). I'd say, 75% probability, it's going to be 8-bit 100 Mbps H264/MP4, with the 25% of it being 10-bit H-264 or H265 at 150-200 rate equivalency (as shown with the C-200, the far improved processing power makes H-264 good enough for the run&gun and baked-in interview/corporate shooting)

    C500 MKII - (in two versions) - with the s35 sensor from C700 for ~ $15,000 and, with the FF sensor from C700FF, for $20,000. EF mounts. Canon Raw Lite on the lower priced unit (CFast 2.0 cards) and full Raw in various compression ratios on the CFexpress cards.

    My third prediction is that my my first two will be wrong.

    My fourth is Rams over Patriots in the Superbowl. I'll log in later to see how that one came out.
    Sabyasachi Patra / Wild Tiger Productions
    Equipment Reviews:http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/category/equipment/
    Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/IndiaWilds
    Profile:http://www.indiawilds.com/about.htm




    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #56
    Senior Member indiawilds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,221
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Color Wheels in FCP X 10.4.5 but trying to teach myself Resolve. I know Resolve is much more capable, but I'm not. Yet.
    I too use colour wheels in FCPX and am pretty happy with it. Have never tried Resolve. Looking for something which can help me in graphics. Am not great in motion.
    Sabyasachi Patra / Wild Tiger Productions
    Equipment Reviews:http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/category/equipment/
    Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/IndiaWilds
    Profile:http://www.indiawilds.com/about.htm




    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #57
    Senior Member AndreeOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zürich
    Posts
    1,195
    Default
    I think FCPX and Motion is a pretty slick combo for today's fast pace. I would consider Motion to have one of the lowest thresholds for getting up to speed with basic graphics work. But I'm not sure that means it's very intuitive. After Effects has been the de facto standard for a long time and Motion works a little bit differently (still, many similarities too).

    I would recommend any Apple user to try to get over that first little hump with Motion. Motions ready-to-go behaviours make it relatively easy to create animation and adjust it. A good way might be to visit any of the sites that sell 'lower thirds' and 'titles' and find something that doesn't look too intimidating and then try to recreate it in Motion, or wherever. That takes the whole "creativity problem" out of the equation.

    That said, since starting out with Resolve on the side with version... hmm.. 11 I think it was, I now find that I don't open FCPX for long periods of time. BMD just keeps updating and expanding Resolve and they've promised another MAJOR release for NAB. Considering how easy it is to move from editing to compositing in Fusion to the color page... well, time invested in learning Resolve certainly must be time well spent.
    @andreemarkefors


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #58
    DVXuser Sponsor Jim Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    971
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    DLDs prediction number three is correct. ;-(
    No C100 MKIII or C300 MKIII at NAB, I saw
    what's being unveiled.
    I second that!

    Jim Martin
    CinemaWorks


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •