1. Collapse Details
    Memories of my DVX
    So once upon a time I had, like so many others a DVX100. And then I purchased the LA7200g I think those were the numbers, anamorphic adapter. Then I started looking for a matte box to put in front. Turns out that was going to be an expensive item. So I made one!
    This is a photo of one of the early prototypes i made. I also made a few for sale and sold them to DVXuser members. Wish I could find those people and see how well those MBs did or how long they lasted. Anyway, just going through my archive of photos. This would have been circa 2004, 2005.

Cheers.
    IMG_0188.JPGIMG_0178.JPGIMG_0199.JPG

I know the problems with the filter rotation. No need to comment on that. This was the prototype.

2. Collapse Details
    I found a few more. Different type.
    IMG_0107.JPGIMG_0110.JPGIMG_0105.JPG

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Cool blast from the past. Looks good!
    Wish I could go back to 2004/2005 and take my current gear with me!

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, that would be cool.

5. Collapse Details
    Dude I totally remember when you were working on this mattebox. I think i even reached out to you around 2007 when I finally got ahold of an anamorphic adapter seeing if you could make me one but it never happened. Thanks for the blast from the past. I miss my DVX.. I have an interesting story about the arrival of mine.

Little backstory.. I got into cameras in 1999 when my dad gave me a JVC DVM90 DV camera for christmas.. I later upgraded to a Sony DSR-PD150 in 2003 which was on loan to me from a local college. From the announcement of the DVX from panasonic i'd wanted one... flash forward to freshman year of high school (2005) and i finally am able to order a DVX100A new from B&H. the box arrives days later only to have a Sony PD170 in it (you could say i was pretty upset).. B&H quickly fixed it and that day i opened it up and flipped it over to 24PA (which was at that time the first time i saw live video running at 24fps not 60i) I was in love. The DVX taught me alot of the basic things I put to use today. They are so cheap on ebay now and in really good shape. I might pick one up again just for fun.
    GEAR
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3