1. Collapse Details
    IN-SHADOW - A Modern Odyssey - Animated Short Film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j800SVeiS5I

(Tried embedding twice (including manually typing)- 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR, so included simple link. If you're seeing an error- that's further telling re: censorship)

Amazing on so many levels!

Seek the truth, brothers & sisters- the information is out there. Help wake those still asleep. 🙏

2. Collapse Details
    Here's the "error"- have never seen a 500 error before for a video embed (YT or this board):
    Truth.jpg

3. Collapse Details
    Lol another video embed unrelated to this one got the same error. Probably just a coincidence that it just started happening after posting the above video

4. Collapse Details
    Rockin the Boat
    Excellent test. Everyone is welcome to post their scores. I'll go first.

I think I'm pretty good, and my score was - lasted till 5:43.

You're next!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCorpse View Post
    Excellent test. Everyone is welcome to post their scores. I'll go first.

I think I'm pretty good, and my score was - lasted till 5:43.

You're next!
    Lol, no idea what you're talking about. Did you watch the film? (the link works)

Top YouTube comments for this film:

GalacticGangsters
    4 months ago (edited)
    Our eyes are OPEN. The world is awakening!!! People are having spiritual awakenings everyday. We are eternal souls having a human experience. We are the IAM, pure consciousness experiencing itself in all forms. This video is heartbreaking, yet also a beacon of light and hope. I've watched this so many times now, it's iconic! We are moving into a new age. Bring it ON!!! �� ������ We Are One, We Are Love ����

ERIN BATES
    3 months ago
    This is absolutely incredible. You literally captured every single aspect of the plagues we face on the daily. The dark abyss so cubed it's hard to see straight. But then, the light reigns, man and woman unite in holy high alchemy, born again, complete interior revolution and escape from the endless cycle of madness, into the cosmic Prakriti. WOWZA! Amazing, Amazing, Amazing. Cannot say THANK YOU enough!

Nightmare Dawn
    1 year ago
    this deserves an award!

TheDrB0B
    3 months ago
    Somehow this doesn't come off edgy and just plain honest. We live in a nightmare, it's time to wake up.

6. Collapse Details
    Rockin the Boat
    I didn't read the comments, since unless they are by the uploader or creator, I figure they're not relevant.

Anyhow, yeah, I watched it until 5:43 - I thought it was a test? No? I might be confused - sorry in that case. I honestly thought the idea was to see how long you can last.

Whatever idea(s) that were trying to be conveyed, that's "content", whereas "form" would be the presentation or the manner. If a creator wants his content to connect, s/he has to make it appealing (form) enough to pull people along - if that doesn't happen, no matter how good the idea, it won't get watched.

So I thought it was a test, and I lasted through the form or presentation for 5:43. Others probably can last longer, or maybe shorter.

I always try extra hard out of respect for any link that's posted to dvxuser, since it's a community here. Were it not for having seen it here, I'd probably last 2 minutes or so - around :40, I started drumming my fingers "OK, is this going anywhere, or is there simply going to be more of the same for. the. entire. freakin'. 13 minutes". By the time I was nearing the 6th minute, I lost all hope, and had to come up for air. Reminded me of how when I took a diving class, we had a kind of informal contest to see who could hold their breath under water the longest. I was pretty good at it. But the lesson is that unless you supply some oxygen along the way, you can only impose on people's ability to watch something for so long.

So I took it as a test - same musical motif that kept going and going and going and going, images that were all variations of the same theme, endless shuffling of images that didn't seem to follow any connected narrative of familiar figures (like, if we saw this happen to the same characters it would be an evolution of events for 13 minutes, but as it was, it was a blur of endless different characters) - nothing made one care about any of this or any of the characters who would only last for a few seconds on the screen anyway (hard to form a psychological bond over such a short period of time). Eventually, like a really, really, really, really long run-on sentence at some point one bails, no longer trying to even fathom what the sentence is trying to say. That's why it's important to make sure that the form or manner of presentation is sufficiently engaging for the audience to watch to the end. But, but, but, but the "message"! "message!" - yeah, yeah, but it really, truly doesn't matter what the message is if it's wrapped in such an unappealing form ("why sir, yes, it's a sh|t sandwich, but you're missing that it has an excellent piece of cheese in there too!", "sorry, don't care"). Of course, I'm just one person, and different strokes for different folks. But I thought maybe it would be valuable to provide a single data point. Others may provide theirs, the more the merrier.

7. Collapse Details
    Ah, thanks for the clarification, man (not my work- friend sent it to me today (not their work either- just something shared)).

That's excellent feedback you gave. Even though I knew what it was about, it is indeed challenging to watch because of the subject matter. I stopped halfway through to see how much longer it was and did something else and came back and finished it. It's interesting you stopped at almost the same time- I didn't note time but it was around 6 minutes. It does have a 'happy' ending, so worth finishing!

In terms of production, I thought the animation was very well done, the sound/music was also fantastic, and the way they conveyed ideas without using words is quite an achievement. The amount of symbolism provided is also amazing.

I've spent my life deeply studying things, including advanced ancient civilizations through mysterious advanced technology to present, and recently have done a deep dive into how our society currently works. Thus I immediately understood what they were doing and thought it was brilliant.

Again, it's difficult subject matter so understand if someone doesn't have context they might not get it, and even if one does get it, agree it's tough to get past ~6 minutes or so. Kind of reminds me of Eraserhead a bit: had a very hard time watching it. However years later now that I understand what he was trying to say (and a lot more life experience), I now appreciate the genius of David Lynch's work.

Reading the comments for the video is interesting- moves a lot of people very deeply. 1.6 million views...

8. Collapse Details
    OK, I watched it again from my editing machine (vs. laptop 1st time), full screen, all the way through. The film is also a clock, and current real-world time is 9:47 in the film. I also saw much more on the second viewing and it was not hard to watch this time.

All I can say is it's an amazing work of art, psychology, science, and truth.

I could be wrong, but I believe this film is part of a larger project, by "the good guys of the people of Earth" to wake up the population, worldwide, to what's been going on and to defeat evil.

It's about good vs. evil, dark to light by spreading awareness and opening the global consciousness to a better way to live.

Curious to hear your thoughts if you can finish it (and perhaps watch again from the beginning and see if anything changes). And of course to hear other people's views about the film.

9. Collapse Details