Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Not really true - the C200 is actually just a bit lighter than the 1DX MKII.

Also - see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRH5Xa0-ukU
    I just read the comments- it's too heavy for the Ronin-S, he had to use warp stabilizer to fix the footage. If you want to go one-handed with a gimbal with 4K60 with decent low light and good AF, there's really only one option right now (and it's not the 1DX II: I got the 1DX II to work on the Moza Air 2: it's too heavy for anything other than short takes). When I realized even the 1DX II was too heavy without an arm+vest or an overhead backpack dork-master 5000 it accelerated my goal to downsize camera gear further (to X-T3 / A7x / EOS R size).

2. Collapse Details
    I really don't know what you are all talking about weight-wise. We shoot with the 1DC and the Ronin S without any problems, and it is heavier than the C200... Yes, it is not light, but it is very useable. We actually did a whole day of cave shooting TODAY with this setup.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I really don't know what you are all talking about weight-wise. We shoot with the 1DC and the Ronin S without any problems, and it is heavier than the C200... Yes, it is not light, but it is very useable. We actually did a whole day of cave shooting TODAY with this setup.
    Lots of people on this forum that think any camera that's heavier than an A7 or iPhone is heavy... ; )

4. Collapse Details
    Haha, it seems that way

5. Collapse Details
    Lol let's see the footage! (see YouTube comments below)

I compared specs and thought the 1DX II was heavier however apparently not, from: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...post1986779654

Quote Originally Posted by jcs View Post
    Looks like the stripped C200 weighs around 3.2lbs, similar to the 1DX II with battery at 3.37lbs? I recently picked up the Moza Air 2 and with a basic (not even close to ideal) balance + auto tune with the 24-105 F4L, it worked pretty well with the 1DX II. It got the jiggles at high angles, figured that was due to the marginal balance and/or something that would improve by manually choosing higher motor torque (80D with 18-135 Nano had zero issues). This is a really nice gimbal and I already like it better than the Ronin-M, especially with the ability to replace batteries with any desired brand (vs. the proprietary DJI batteries which frequently die (at $89 a pop) with no third party options).

For the C200 it would seem like you'd want to mount the viewfinder on the handle (might require buying a longer cable?). For inception mode you'd remove the cable from the camera (not really going to be able to see anything with that shot anyway, right?).
    Mine wouldn't autotune.
    My 24-105 and C200 was 7.3#
    It's supposed to be good for 9.25#.
    It was okish at first but was worthless after I updated the firmware.
    Have you updated the firmware on yours?
    I don't use the LCD.
    I use my phone (which isn't mounted on the camera).
    So no cable going to the display.
    Like I said in my previous post I had the motors turned all the way up.
    I reported all this to Moza and they gave me nothing to try to resolve the problem.
    It would hold the camera steady for about 5 seconds then go limp.
    I had no issue holding the Ronin-M + 1DX II (and later the Moza Air 2) for short takes (could do all day, but not constantly holding with one hand- can you!?), the issue has been weight for the gimbal to provide smooth footage. The Ronin-S example with the C200 earlier in this thread (footage) had to be post stabilized! Too heavy: for the gimbal.

Comments:
    Kevin Hedin
    4 months ago
    I was excited to see your sample footage, but then I noticed what looks to be like 'warp stabilization' applied to the footage, which doesn't allow me to see exactly what the camera is actually capturing. Can you comment on this, and possibly post the same footage without warp stabilization applied? That would be really helpful. Thank you.

James Breitenstein Productions
    2 months ago
    shame on you, you used warp stabilizer without telling us, how stupid is that?

DoctorInferno
    2 months ago
    Hmmm I can see some footages warping. You shouldn't be using warp stabilizer on the footages, so we can see what it really looks like.

6. Collapse Details
    Here's the 1DX II in low light on the Ronin-m with the Canon 50 1.4 and 16-35 F2.8 II. This was my first time ever using a gimbal (have used steadicams before- the low to high shots not possible with my steadicam (FlyCam Nano)):

While I was able to get all the needed shots without issue re:weight, I could tell for longer continuous shots, weight would start to be an issue. A single-handed gimbal would have made low-to high shots easier, as would the hall-to bathroom shots re: two-handed gimbal width.

Can you hold 1DC + gimbal with one hand for more than a few minutes? Most people can't, and that's why we see arm+vests and ReadyRig-type gear being used in productions that go for more than a few minutes per shot (if setting down between short takes, not as big of an issue). When doing longer shots all day, no matter how in shape one is, can result in repetitive stress / wrist / arm / shoulder / back injuries. Ask full-time working DPs (I'm not a full time DP- do everything as needed to get things done when doing video projects).

Let's see your 1DC one-handed gimbal shots! (with little or no slomo, as with my example above)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123