Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. Collapse Details
    #11
    Default
    After taking all in it seems to boil down to 1DX MKII vs. C200, and at this point it gets quite difficult, as the only real advantage of the 1DX MKII for video seems to be the weather sealing. Which is kind of a big deal when working in caves, but not absolutely crucial.
    The funny thing is, there does not seem to be a lot of actual real-world info about the c200 weather sealing. Does anyone know how well it fares in humid conditions? Also, am I missing something else comparing these two cameras for low light scenarios?
    Ah yes, also the DPAF in the 1DX MKII seems to be better, although the C200 reportedly has some complex DPAF settings people normally don't adjust...
    Any info by someone who has both cameras will be great.
    Last edited by Geko; 03-03-2019 at 12:17 AM.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    2,071
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    After taking all in it seems to boil down to 1DX MKII vs. C200, and at this point it gets quite difficult, as the only real advantage of the 1DX MKII for video seems to be the weather sealing. Which is kind of a big deal when working in caves, but not absolutely crucial.
    The funny thing is, there does not seem to be a lot of actual real-world info about the c200 weather sealing. Does anyone know how well it fares in humid conditions? Also, am I missing something else comparing these two cameras for low light scenarios?
    Ah yes, also the DPAF in the 1DX MKII seems to be better, although the C200 reportedly has some complex DPAF settings people normally don't adjust...
    Any info by someone who has both cameras will be great.
    The C200 has a fan- so it's not weather sealed. Typically for video/cinema cams they put the camera in a plastic bag. Here's one for the C200: https://www.camrade.com/products/wet...tsuit-eos-c200

    You can search for something similar if the factory weather-proofing of the 1DX II isn't enough, and of course these kinds of products (also for C200): https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t_housing.html

    Both cameras are pretty good in low light- in my studio experience, the C300 II appears to have more NR (even when off at -1) vs. the 1DX II; perhaps someone can comment on the C200.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...C200+low+light
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...X+II+low+light

    In you need super low light, you might also consider adding a Sony A7 III (if the 1DX II / C200 aren't good enough for your needs). Keep in mind that in very low light, AF isn't going to work, so even a used A7S II might be a good addition (IIRC, the A7 III was pretty close to the A7S II). Everyone's waiting for the A7S III which will provide class leading low light, AF, 4K60, 10-bit, etc. Who knows, it may have been delayed due to the Fuji X-T3, Nikon Zx etc.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+III+low+light
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6-B2H4XlE


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #13
    Senior Member jasonbrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London & Stroud, UK
    Posts
    322
    Default
    Since you mentioned low light, it seems worth suggesting the Panasonic S1, which is supposed to be a killer at up to ISO 20,000 or something silly. Not sure on EF lens adaptors, but worth a look! J
    ----------------
    Freelance Site: www.Opticalism.com/jason
    Company Site: www.Opticalism.com
    Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/jasonbrooks/videos
    Africa Blog: www.Opticalism.com/travels

    Sum Ergo Edo.


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #14
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs View Post
    The C200 has a fan- so it's not weather sealed. Typically for video/cinema cams they put the camera in a plastic bag. Here's one for the C200: https://www.camrade.com/products/wet...tsuit-eos-c200

    You can search for something similar if the factory weather-proofing of the 1DX II isn't enough, and of course these kinds of products (also for C200): https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t_housing.html

    Both cameras are pretty good in low light- in my studio experience, the C300 II appears to have more NR (even when off at -1) vs. the 1DX II; perhaps someone can comment on the C200.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...C200+low+light
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...X+II+low+light

    In you need super low light, you might also consider adding a Sony A7 III (if the 1DX II / C200 aren't good enough for your needs). Keep in mind that in very low light, AF isn't going to work, so even a used A7S II might be a good addition (IIRC, the A7 III was pretty close to the A7S II). Everyone's waiting for the A7S III which will provide class leading low light, AF, 4K60, 10-bit, etc. Who knows, it may have been delayed due to the Fuji X-T3, Nikon Zx etc.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+III+low+light
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6-B2H4XlE
    Thanks a lot! Generally, the 1DC has amazing low ambient light performance - i.e. you can shoot in a cave cavers only with their headlights on at ISO's 800-3500 and end up with super clean no-noise beautiful footage after only some moderate PP work. So, having this in mind and since supposedly the C200 will be even better in low light with the same color feel, it should be very suitable. As for rain covers, they won't really block air humidity, will possibly introduce some overheating issues and will make gimbal work (Ronin S) very difficult (if at all). But then, humidity may not be such a big problem for a camera like C200, which will get somewhat worm anyway during shooting. Just random thoughts when I try to figure this all out...


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    2,071
    Default
    C200 is a bit big and heavy for small gimbal work...


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    nottingham, uk
    Posts
    1,051
    Default
    I didn't think the 1DX II had anywhere near 12 stops of DR, could be wrong though


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #17
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs View Post
    C200 is a bit big and heavy for small gimbal work...
    Not really true - the C200 is actually just a bit lighter than the 1DX MKII.

    Also - see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRH5Xa0-ukU


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    2,071
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Not really true - the C200 is actually just a bit lighter than the 1DX MKII.

    Also - see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRH5Xa0-ukU
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...-2-or-Helix-Jr
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...094-Moza-Air-2


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    2,071
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ade4all View Post
    I didn't think the 1DX II had anywhere near 12 stops of DR, could be wrong though

    It’s less than the C300 II (from experience). Software rating: https://www.cinema5d.com/canon-1d-x-...-better-video/


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,643
    Default
    Other than autofocus, the EVA1 outperforms the C200 on just about every criteria you listed. It's also considerably less expensive.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •