1. Collapse Details
    Tutorial: Color Grading - 1 shot at a time using PRIMARIES
    Just dropped a tutorial on color grading using primaries. Good for beginners and experts alike. Everyone can use a refresher once in awhile.

https://youtu.be/9B8dl43H-Mw

Enjoy!

#davinciresolve #resolveminipanel #resolve14 #liftgammagain #flanderscientific

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Im still curious about what the “anal tolerance range” is. I spent an insane amount of time color grading a recent personal project, trying to get colors of skin, clothes etc. to match EXACTLY shot to shot (in the same environments). Much of it outdoors. I wonder if this was right or if a real colorist would go “eh, 5% difference. close enough. No one will notice. poo poo this. I’m goin home.”

It’s hard to tell without a lot of effort how well stuff in movies/TV matches perfectly shot to shot, but I know how quickly colorists are supposed to move, and how quickly I did NOT move, so I’m betting there are things let go. Human psychology can overlook much (the way editors sometimes leave in a soft focus closeup or continuity error because it was the best take).

3. Collapse Details
    Lol. There is nothing wrong with your speed. It’s all about dialing in the system and having your process. Specifically what your talking about could’ve been avoided if you were working with camera LUTs. I’ll be doing tutorials on that soon. Once you have the look DNA then you can move pretty quickly.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Qazi.