Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Try editing with the 'P' position tool as mentioned above...turns if off, kind-of.
    I have used it.

Not the same.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    I would say if youre not going to work WITH the program, you probably want to go with something else. X works and pretty well but it also is designed to work a certain way and fighting it will not get you best results. That’s where the Premieres and Resolves come in. Not trying to be a snarkmonster 5000 here but seriously you would be buying something just to fight against one of its main “features”.
    This is spot on. When I left Premiere for Avid, it took me a while to adjust to the new paradigm. It works different and makes you think different. Once I let go of my old ways of working, my level of comfort increased drastically and now I think it's great.

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

3. Collapse Details
    I ran FCS and FCP X together for quit a while.
    Learning the FCP X method/paradigm.
    It was easy enough to grasp the newer method but as I recall it was years before FCP X was IMO mature enough to use in. the day to day.
    Since then, it has continued to grow up. Reckon it has moved from nappies/diapers to long pants.

Al

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234