1. Collapse Details
    Will A7III match with FS700 - which profiles work the best?
    I am going to get an A7III - wondering what picture profile will match the FS700 using avchd internal recording as well as using the 7Q+ with slog2. I have been using the FS100 it always looks great but I want something a bit smaller to use on DJI M. So I am wondering what others have experienced in matching the A7III. I will of course have to color correct - but wondering what might be a the best profiles to use.
    thank you

2. Collapse Details
    I don't have an answer for you but here is a bump for your thread.
    I too am curious.
    I have an a7riii and a7sii I'd like to match with fs700r internally and externally with atomos shogun inferno.

3. Collapse Details
    Find your favorite close-matching CINE profiles and shoot a color chart to match in post (don’t use log on the FS700; SLog2 is fine on A7 III though might be easier to match if both using CINE profiles). Looks like I recommended PP6 on the A7S I (used Slog2 + sgamut3.cine + 16 sat on A7S II). Another technique I’ve used is to match cameras via HDMI into the computer and displayed side by side with same monitor using OBS. This is for really deep tweaking of settings- a lot of work- and you still will want to shoot color charts.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Ok thank you

5. Collapse Details
    JCS thank you - I do not use log on FS700 when using the internal card. But I do use it when shooting with the odyssey 7Q+ going 4K 2HD or 4K. Of course it needs grading - when I do color correct even with some modest corrections the footage really looks good. On the 7Q+ i am recording in Pro Res HQ. so I am wondering how the A7iii might look using this procedure. Yes color charts are a good idea. I will buy a new one. I can match cameras before a shoot. The only problem is once I white balance on location will it be consistent?
    We used to that with the Sony 3cghip eng cameras. It always worked out well - of course had to do some tweaks in post. Another point is I would not trust my computer monitor for split screen - I will trust the Oydssey a bit more even though I do not think it is perfectly calibrated for REC709 - but it is close. At some point I will either get a Flanders or this BenQ which looks interesting BenQ PV270 Video Post-Production 27" 16:9 IPS Monitor B&H # BEPV270 MFR # PV270 - it is a bit more budget friendly.

6. Collapse Details
    If you dig SLog2 with the 7Q+, then it's worth trying SLog2 with the A7 III. Stock SLog2 has SGamut color- I'd try other color gamuts (such as sgamut3.cine) as even with LUTs, I could never get SGamut to not have the green/magenta bias in skin tones. Thus use SLog2 for both cameras, and experiment with color gamut until you've got them close. Then shoot the color chart on location before each major take in each set up / scene. Only takes a few seconds. With practice you can match color by eye- I've matched the A7S II, C300 II, and 1DX II without too much effort (and didn't know as much as I do now):

Not a perfect match (this was a few years ago); could do better with secondary color and/or masking/power windows. Only spent a few minutes in post for that test and set the cameras up without major time in settings (A7S II was tuned from prior experience (SLog2 + SGamut3.cine + 16 sat)).

A7S and FS700 (internal, probably PP6, iPhone 5S (dancing/lasers), Elena's iPhone shots too (cemetery)). FS700 shots lit with a high-powered high-end focusable flashlight (worked pretty well in terms of color):

7. Collapse Details
    Good Matches gives me an idea that the two will come close - Doing my research now before I make the final decision. I was going to go for a FS5 to replace the FS100 - not sure if I like the Fs5's configuration. (seems like the same style as EX series -I like putting a camera on my shoulder) The optimum choice would be FS7 and A7III - I want light weight - with one camera and for high end work I can use the FS7 which replaces the FS700. Anyway thank you for the info -