Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    cant decide on a new tool
    Hello, coming from a GH3 it is a while i am looking around to choose a new tool. Can t get to find the ideal situation, as i need to put together the needs of a run and gun style and possibility to have a good image working on dof. I would say a videocam like ax700 would be the solution but, can t manahe a lot dof. Could go for a GH5 but it has a terrible Autofocus. Could go for Fuji XT3 but no IBIS! so what to do?wait another model that got it all? Also a combination of 2 model, a videocam and aslr, perhaps second hand o do not exceed the budget. And also i fear that eventually i will end up using only one of the 2. So what could be the solution? Thanks for sharing opinions!
    Lumix GH3 +Neway CL77H +Rokkor MD50 +Rokkor MD135 + Rokkor 35-75 +Lumix 14-45 +Lumix 45-175

2. Collapse Details
    There is no solution other than buying both! The type of work you do determines what you buy. The new 1" pro camcorders are about the best middle ground you can get. Outside of that the upcoming Panasonic S1 is going to be the next best on the list for versatility.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    s1 is out of my budget. I should be able to stay under 2000. Even if i buy 2 should carefully check what to get to remain in the budget, and i shoul dlook on the 2nd hand market. May be ax700 + gh5 will, or ax700+g80. Then is hould solve the matching color problem.Another option is to get XT3 and a handycam cheaper than ax700 but with good ibis and af
    Lumix GH3 +Neway CL77H +Rokkor MD50 +Rokkor MD135 + Rokkor 35-75 +Lumix 14-45 +Lumix 45-175

4. Collapse Details
    A Used C100 II + an IS lens?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanWright View Post
    A Used C100 II + an IS lens?
    even used the whole package is quite out of my budget

6. Collapse Details
    Maybe a Nikon Z6?

FF sensor (can shoot S35 too), great AF, IBIS, nice colors...$2232.95 used at B&H.

7. Collapse Details
    Then I think you need to adjust your expectations. A6300? RX10? What are you trying to accomplish? Paid work? Hobby documentary? Tough to know from our point of view but wanting a lot for a little is never a good place to start

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Maybe a Nikon Z6?

FF sensor (can shoot S35 too), great AF, IBIS, nice colors...$2232.95 used at B&H.
    could be, though a used one i nmeurope may be take more time to have beng come out later than in states. That price isbody only though? I can go someway over 2000 euro, but full equipped
    That is why i consider a combination of xt3/gh5 with a ax700/similar
    Last edited by stefanocps; 02-21-2019 at 09:27 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    Then I think you need to adjust your expectations. A6300? RX10? What are you trying to accomplish? Paid work? Hobby documentary? Tough to know from our point of view but wanting a lot for a little is never a good place to start
    generally documentary that i send to festival, few times piad job. Why you don'tconsider those i have mentioned? XT3, gh5, ax700? Anyway don't fancy that much sony camera, i would sony camcorder yes.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanocps View Post
    could be, though a used one i nmeurope may be take more time to have beng come out later than in states. That price isbody only though? I can go someway over 2000 euro, but full equipped
    That is why i consider a combination of xt3/gh5 with a ax700/similar
    The used price at B&H - who may ship to you depending on which country you are in - is for the body and the 24-70mm f/4 lens (great glass but slow but would be on a FF sensor).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast