Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks. One glaring thing to me is going by the screen caps (I confess I did not watch the vids...yet) is that those are CUs and MCUs of subjects. I presume theyre not moving too too much, backgrounds maybe on the static side, with the exception of that cosmic-looking background. My project is a music video with some go pro footage and a lot of handheld where “talent” or something else is moving a lot. I would assume YT compression does better with less movement is what I’m getting at. Perhaps it’s a no win situation.

I actually tried 10% “film grain” in fcpx, no sharpening, I feel it looked worse on YT.

As I mentioned there are quite a few go pro shots. I have been thinking that once a project gets exported as prores/hq etc. that anything that happened to the footage (i.e. compression) would happen to it equally, but maybe thats wrong and footage that originated in a poorer codec still suffers more? That’s been my observation with these YT tests.

2. Collapse Details
    I like using MXF for upload to YT as well. Nice to have 24bit uncompressed audio with the h.264 encoding. In fact, I have been using Panasonic's AVC-Ultra MXF format as sort of an archive format as it is 10bit 4:2:2 with 24bit PCM audio. This serves both roles as well as being a fast export out.

3. Collapse Details
    I dont have premiere cc. Do have fcpx (will see if that format is an option) and davinci but have been unable to export a stereo file from Davinci...keeps giving me separate mono tracks which youtube doesnt interpret correctly. Pilot error Im sure but I dont know where the pilots going wrong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234