Thread: without battery

1. Collapse Details
    without battery
    I left my battery out of the C300 MkI for eight months and needed to reset all my settings. I'm getting ready to fly a distances and was wondering how long does the battery being out of the camera before I have to reset everything over again? Not sure if I want to keep the battery in the camera flying? Any feedback would be great.

2. Collapse Details
    does anyone keep their CF card in the camera during traveling?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by New_Zealand View Post
    I left my battery out of the C300 MkI for eight months and needed to reset all my settings. I'm getting ready to fly a distances and was wondering how long does the battery being out of the camera before I have to reset everything over again? Not sure if I want to keep the battery in the camera flying? Any feedback would be great.
    I believe it's in the manual, but after a couple of months max, the internal battery for the internal memory will discharge if the camera hasn't had any power hooked up to it.

4. Collapse Details
    I think he's talking about a regular camera battery...both (battery + card) are fine to keep in while flying, but I'd remove the battery if the camera is packed with other stuff so nothing puts pressure on it and/or the contacts.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I think he's talking about a regular camera battery...both (battery + card) are fine to keep in while flying, but I'd remove the battery if the camera is packed with other stuff so nothing puts pressure on it and/or the contacts.
    Yes, but he seems to be asking how long the internal rechargeable battery lasts(before it fully discharges and his settings are lost) without the ‘regular’ battery on the camera.

N_Z, you should be fine removing the regular battery pack for a flight, if you feel so inclined, without worrying about losing your internal settings. Presuming the internal battery is charged and there is nothing wrong with it. There should also be no problem with leaving the cards in, either. When I flew all the time, I always left the cards in my P2 Vari.

6. Collapse Details
    thanks, I have the Jason custom case for the C300 so it is pack well. I will leave the battery in.