Thread: Viewfinder

1. Collapse Details
    Viewfinder
    Hi guys and gals...wondering if anybody knows if I can retro fit the collapsible VF from the FS7II to my original Fs7 and if it's available for sale?

2. Collapse Details
    Alan I think you're ahead of the mod curve again, seems like a good idea. Ive been watching for a reply. Did you go ahead and figure it out by yourself? If you need any machining let me know. I'll work for Datil sauce (inside joke referencing Alan's homebrewed kick ass hot sauce)

Cheers Caleb

3. Collapse Details
    Naw. Haven't heard from anyone as yet. Hope all is well.
    BTW...I come up with a solution for the wonky VF and Mic bracket for the Fs7. Went with a Vocas top handle and then drilled out the screw on the
    vf rail and replaced it with a levered through bolt. Then got a right angle rail connector to attach to the handle. Now my finder is rock solid but more importantly can be moved forward for handheld or aft for tripod work. Then I got an F800 mic holder from B&H to mount my cam mic...solid as can be. My only loss is the top record button ( the side one works just fine) and the rocker zoom control which I never use because it's for the Sony lenses, which I never use on the Fs7. Problem of wonky VF/Mic bracketry solved!
    Last edited by allenfacemire; 02-26-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: jumbled te4xt