Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thekreative View Post
    any chance Kino Flo helped kill the product...... It was a $100 led option that "was" as bright as some their new lights
    This is also what came to my mind.

The product is released and used by professionals, for over half a year if I'm not mistaken, without any issues that I heard of and then very suddenly disappears without a trace and gets discontinued without any proper explanation?

Smells like a company put under pressure by someone else to me.

2. Collapse Details
    If anyone wants to sell me one bulb, I have a friend that builds LED installations and I'd love to see his take on the design and if it is possible to source the components and see if there is an issue to address........could be a great little side job.

3. Collapse Details
    That would actually be pretty interesting.
    They still have some on stock in Adorama if you need one.
    Here is the link:
    https://www.adorama.com/lm3000695.html

4. Collapse Details
    Just ordered 8.......they are almost out

5. Collapse Details
    Went to get some for a friend and Adorama is now sold out........ I bet that is the last of them

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    Iíve recently learned that the Ushio tubes in the review are not compatible with the ballast of the Diva. Apperantly the tubes donít meet the wattage of the Divas. While Iíve been using them for several months without issue I felt I needed to let you know about the potential issue.
    Hmmmm... Just because these particular bulbs didn't meet the wattage/specs to make the Diva ballast happy doesn't mean they couldn't redesign a new bulb to meet those requirements. Obviously, Ushio did see this as a potentially profitable segment of the market... maybe they'll redesign and release an update. The question I have is what they'll do to address customers like myself who spent hundreds of $$$ on the bulbs that might wreck our equipment. I wonder if they'll issue a recall...

7. Collapse Details
    Talking to a bunch of gaffers, If Kino gave Ushio $1 million Ushio would have to sell 100,000 bulbs to make up not taking a payout. Kino would love the Diva and Parabeam to disappear and have customers reinvest in new lights

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thekreative View Post
    Talking to a bunch of gaffers, If Kino gave Ushio $1 million Ushio would have to sell 100,000 bulbs to make up not taking a payout. Kino would love the Diva and Parabeam to disappear and have customers reinvest in new lights
    That's exactly what I did. My new lights are called Gemini's and Astra's...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Just got mine, they work great on the Kino Flo Diva 400, amazing output for the price!

10. Collapse Details
    Sorry for all the issues guys. As soon as my article went out things got a little crazy.

I'm still using them in five Diva 401 fixtures without issue. What could happen? Maybe burn them up? Burn up the ballast? Start a fire? I really don't know. I haven't heard of the bulbs doing any of those things. I've been using mine for 8 months now.

Ushio developed and marketed them as a direct replacement for the Kino bulbs and other broadcast lights. I'm not sure how they got the wattage wrong on the lamps as that would seem obvious coming from a light bulb company. Then they started marketing them as architectural lights and not broadcast bulbs. It's a mess and they had to pull the plug.

Ushio told me they are developing a Diva bulb and would be ready this year. Possibly around NAB time. If I hear more I'll update here.
    Last edited by Erik Naso; 03-25-2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast