1. Collapse Details
    Fujinon MK lenses now available in MFT mount
    B&H has both the Fujinon MK18-55mm https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t2_9_lens.html and the MK50-135mm lenses in MFT mounts listed available for pre-order. Since both lenses were designed for S35 sensors and not FF my question is this: The JVC LS300 camera has S35 sensor with a native MFT mount. Will there be any cropping involved if these lenses are used with the LS300? When these lenses are used with S35 cameras like the Sony FS7, I read there is a 1.6 crop factor. Is this true?
    Last edited by nutmegger; 02-10-2019 at 10:38 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Not true. They are not full frame lenses. The Fuji MK series were designed for S35 sensors so on an FS7 there is no crop factor. The FS7 sensor requires a 27.1mm image circle whereas M4/3 is normally (GH5) 21.64mm so the Fuji used on a GH5 would have a crop of about 1.25. In the case of the LS300 it has a S35 sensor so by rights an Fuji MK series lens with a M4/3 mount should, I would imagine, work just like it would on an FS7, no crop factor. The M4/3 Flange Focal Distance is 19.25. The E-Mount, which the Fuji MK series were originally designed for has a Flange Back of 18mm. I guess the 1.25mm difference has been compensated for in the design of the M4/3 flange. You would need to check it out I guess. The fact that the MK lenses have a true back focus adjustment like broadcast lenses ensures that you can get perfect back focus on either mount which a great feature of these lenses.

Chris Young

3. Collapse Details
    There could be a minor problem using MFT mount on S35 chip.

There is a certain probablity (not certainty) that the MFT mount is designed with a 'baffle' that would cut flare by excluding light beyond the MFT image circle.
    Such a baffle, if it exists, could probably be filed away.

S