1. Collapse Details
    Micron wireless question
    Hi

I'll be using a micron wireless system with a lavalier tomorrow and the receiver has a audio output level switch: 0db / - 15db / - 40db. Assuming I'll be plugging the receiver to a MM1, which output should I choose? The transmitter also has output gain but that probably should be set at 0.

Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    The transmitter's gain basically depends on the source SPL (how loud or soft the wearer is speaking).
    Without knowing the exact receiver and output specs, set your preamp/mixer to Mic, the fader to unity gain and adjust the gain/trim to around 12 0'clock, then select the receiver's output gain level that gives a decent level. If the gain/trim and fader is way down or way up, somethings' probably not right.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Rick. All worked out fine. Good system btw.

4. Collapse Details
    On the older micron radio mics it wasn't actually a gain control on the transmitter but the threshold for the limiter.

The three different receiver outputs will be for line, domestic unbalanced and mic levels so will totally depend on what you are plugging it into.
    Over 15 minutes in broadcast film and tv production: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1044352
    /