Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyLevy View Post
    well i ordered the AX-100, AX101 and the PAX-2 and I'll compare the PAX-2 with gain to the passive ones. I think that the little passive ones might be all I need though as long as the mics give me enough gain that I don't have to run the A7 preamps very high . I have a separate phantom power supply for my boom mic that I can use when doing an interview. I think the little AX101 might be perfect for working with a sound person and the AX100 when i'm using the little Shure by myself. The G3 can go either mini plug or XLR so it can use either. I'll post my results. Thanks for the help. It really clarified a lot of confusion for me.
    That's the beauty of the G3, you can still get great audio with the 3.5mm cable. I use it directly into my camera on a regular basis with the handheld and the lav pack - both are fantastic. I'm always on the lookout for other portable alternatives, looking forward to your results.

Chris

2. Collapse Details
    Damn I just got my AX100 and in testing it I can't seem to hear any audio from A1 even though I'm getting healthy levels on my meters. so far I've tried a Sony MDR-7506, 7502 and an MDR-V900 all with stereo mini plugs. Could I have something set wrong or could it have to do with my phones?

Even with the camera mic on I'm only hearing in the right ear.
    Last edited by LennyLevy; 02-13-2019 at 05:20 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Well - The bad news is I have to send my brand new but out of 30day return period A7iii to Sony to repair the headphone jack.
    The good news is I like all 3 of the Sermonic adapters and at those low prices I'm keeping all 3 - the AX-100 (passive mini) , AX101(passive XLR) and PAX-2 (w preamp and phantom for XLR and/or mini) and thanks a million for the tips that turned me on to them.

Lenny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12