Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I got Prime! I’m gonna go take a look.
    Cheers, and good luck.

2. Collapse Details
    Just tried to find it on Prime. Must be available only in the U.S. Typical.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jdkhanlian View Post
    I know, I'm old fashion, like in the unhip 2007 kind of way... Nobody likes my setup, but I still feel like shooting at 720, 24p, on a 3 CCD camera, with some old Nikons going through a lens adapter is somehow the best way to get an old film look without actually shooting on film... and that's the look I love, even though soft shots aren't in vogue in the 16K world in which we live. Plus new equipment is expensive, and independent filmmaking does not pay the bills, so I got to really believe the old adage that craft > tools. Speaking of filmmaking not paying the bills, I decided to give away 100 minutes of cinematic art on Amazon Prime, just to get some people to watch and review my feature, so if you want to see "Pi meets Napoleon Dynamite", check out "Digital Physics" while it's still free on Prime... And see if you can spot those horrible dark spots in one or two shots!
    It can easily pass for a movie shot on film in the early 90s.

And film acquisition is imperfect (which is what some love)...the dark spots and many more make it more convincing!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MDKfilms View Post
    Nice! Still kickin it old school. I still have an HVX200 and an M2e adapter. Got some Rokinon cinema lenses, looks great. Keep using that cam till it donít work no more. That might take awhile. And yes, indie filmmaking does not pay the bills. I shot an indie feature 10 years ago on an HVX with the older M2 adapter. Still unseen by the public. Although, I just recently was contacted by an American producer who bought it and looks like he is going to finish the edit and release it. Will wonders never cease.
    Encouraging and exciting! Do you have any stills or clips to share?
    www.philadelphiaphilms.com
    HPX170, Letus Extreme, Manfrotto tripod, Nikon Primes, Oktava Mics, Adobe CS4, Arri Softbank light kit

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    It can easily pass for a movie shot on film in the early 90s.
    Yes!! Makes perfect sense... it looks like it was shot right after my cousin Khatchig's story takes place

Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    And film acquisition is imperfect (which is what some love)...the dark spots and many more make it more convincing!
    That's probably the best way to think about it, but I don't know if I can put it in the category of "classic" imperfections I actually enjoy like grain, dirt, lens flare, soft shots, etc.
    www.philadelphiaphilms.com
    HPX170, Letus Extreme, Manfrotto tripod, Nikon Primes, Oktava Mics, Adobe CS4, Arri Softbank light kit

6. Collapse Details
    I use to have all the raw footage! But I eventually let it go. I don’t work in the industry anymore but it would be nice to see this film finished and shown. It was a hell of a shoot! Long days leading into long nights. I got a lot of compliments on the footage when people saw it so I’m a little excited. The only footage I have that made it through the purge is my old Steadicam reel, which I also used on the shoot. Back then I had a Flyer LE which worked with the HVX/M2e beautifully. All it is is a guy running through a forest carrying a bag. That was a crazy day. Running full tilt through a slick slippery forest having no time to check for gopher or rabbit holes. Kind of a Hail Mary moment. It was fun at times.
    I really wish I could watch that film of yours on Prime but I can’t get it here in Canada.

I will say that when lit properly the footage really looked good. Almost comparable visually to 16mm. The grain structure of the spinning disc I guess. But the teeny tiny dynamic range of the camera was hard to light for, but we managed to pull off something that looked pretty good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12