Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
Results 641 to 650 of 650
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    267
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    This is purely so retailers like B&H can sell it. A retailer has to have a physical product in stock with a sku they can list, sell and deliver to customers. B&H and other retailers have no infrastructure in place to sell digital goods. B&H and other retailers need to buy stock of the product from Panasonic to keep in inventory. Can't really have inventory for a digital product so it messes up the entire business model.
    Not sure about other retailers, but B&H definitely sells digital products. Such as this one, for example:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...aphy_plan.html


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Run&Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,553
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by davedv View Post
    Not sure about other retailers, but B&H definitely sells digital products. Such as this one, for example:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...aphy_plan.html
    Yep, I was thinking I saw some ‘digital products’, before. Pretty sure I saw digital versions of Photoshop and other software offered through B&H, years ago.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Thomas Smet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,467
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by davedv View Post
    Not sure about other retailers, but B&H definitely sells digital products. Such as this one, for example:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...aphy_plan.html
    That is for Adobe however who have a pretty involved digital commerce setup wit their subscription model. Thats a very different situation than a manufacturer like Panasonic that is not in the business to sell software.


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    504
    Default
    Price drop -$300


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,752
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    ... And the flip side of that, the NFL team here just announced that they are no longer accepting paper tickets for entry. All tickets are electronic, now(on your phone). So what do people without smart phones do?
    So, that made the sports news wires last night. (it was a big flipping mess and not just for those without smartphones)

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesgeek View Post
    Price drop -$300
    Grant Petty will claim full responsibility. And he should.


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Posts
    265
    Default
    Finally found the unlock key in stock at Precision Camera in Austin.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member soarprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Costa Mesa /OC /California
    Posts
    1,754
    Default
    Disappointed that it happened that quickly but I did get 3yr warranty, free extra battery, free grip, and free VLOG for being a early adopter. Loving HLG on the S1 for everything that needs a quick turn around. HLG matches well with the GH5. VLOG when I need to match EVA1. The 24-105 is fantastic for doc work - pretty much the only lens you need.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesgeek View Post
    Price drop -$300


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    4,505
    Default
    That looks like a temporary sale price drop?

    Either way, perhaps indicative of slow launch sales (not surprising with a new mount and crowded market).


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,752
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    That looks like a temporary sale price drop?

    Either way, perhaps indicative of slow launch sales (not surprising with a new mount and crowded market).
    GH-5S is now discounted by $500 (to $2,000).

    One has to figure that slower than expected sales, the hotcake sizzling Pocket6K and the slew of imminent new camera announcements all play a part.

    PS. And some thought this was going to be a slow summer.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    504
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by soarprod View Post
    Disappointed that it happened that quickly but I did get 3yr warranty, free extra battery, free grip, and free VLOG for being a early adopter. Loving HLG on the S1 for everything that needs a quick turn around. HLG matches well with the GH5. VLOG when I need to match EVA1. The 24-105 is fantastic for doc work - pretty much the only lens you need.
    Purchased mine on Aug 5 so B&H credited me $300… which I promptly and dutifully gave them back.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •