Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Unfortunately (for them) and fortunately (for us), they now have to include everything and the kitchen sink in this camera for that price because of the GH cameras.
    This is really what I am hoping for. We'll know soon. Part of me would be surprised to see it, and part of me wouldn't be surprised NOT to, but the real questions on my mind are 4k 60p 10-bit internal and RAW options. If they come out swinging with both of these included (10-bit 4k 60p to SD card, ProRes RAW or otherwise to external), and essentially all other GHx features in a FF sensor/body config, I think some heads will turn.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Sigma has stated that they will essentially be bringing all of their existing glass to the L mount natively, and they make some very reasonably priced glass that punches well above its price range.
    We all love Sigma glass, for sure.

But when people think Sigma they usually think of the 'ART' series; mainly the 18-35mm (sometimes the 50-100mm too) or the primes. And the 18-35mm is an APS-C lens and their cheapest full frame ART lens is $849. That's not really that cheap when you have so many great inexpensive options for the other FF mounts (talking $200-$400).

Now I know and totally get higher-end full frame lenses usually cost more (like the Canon 'L' lenses and other fine offerings), but now we have this additional problem in that it's a Leica mount and prices may not translate the same way as they did with EF/etc. variants because of all of the competition.

Meaning you may only have a higher-end set of Leica L lenses. I actually imagine Sigma's Leica L 'ART' lenses to cost more, but who knows. Like you implied time will definitely tell (and help). And the rumored price for the S1 @$2K is really good...while the S1R @$4K will require a bit more thought.

3. Collapse Details
    What mount do you guys think they should have used? What option did they have, other than the one that was open to them (Leica's)? The only other option would have been a Panasonic-exclusive "P" mount, which would have marked the new system for a quick death.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    I would have preferred the EF-mount, but not sure the photo division or whomever this camera model is under has a license for it like the EVA1 and others, and/or if Panasonic has any interest in lieu of the cinema cameras.

Also, if you're going to make new lenses, maybe some full-frame MFT lenses (I know that sounds weird) wouldn't hurt so they could be used on other cameras as well (Panasonic, Olympus, Blackmagic).

A full-frame Zeiss with a MFT mount can look nice too!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...30mm_cz_2.html

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    the rumored price for the S1 @$2K is really good...while the S1R @$4K will require a bit more thought.
    I'm pretty that's a distorted rumor that came from a figure that STARTS with "2" and panasonic wanting to keep the price in the "$2000s". Of course I have no idea, but I'm just fully expecting a $2999 or similar price.

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    It's the pre-existing Leica L-mount. Yeah, I wish there was a universal standard, but there's not - and at least this one has been around for awhile.
    I didn't know that, I had heard some uniformed posters elsewhere say it was a new mount. Since Panasonic has had a Leica partnership for many years, makes sense.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

8. Collapse Details
    The "L-Mount Alliance" (what filmguy was pretty much talking about) was created in 2018, which probably confused some people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-Mount_Alliance

9. Collapse Details
    Confirmed prices (UK Pounds) and specs (incomplete for the S1)

https://www.l-rumors.com
    SÚrgio Perez
    Macanese Director
    http://vimeo.com/user1503556

10. Collapse Details
    I think the mount will be ok as talk of EF adapters has already been made public. It might take time though but I think there will be plenty of good lenses to choose from. I am hoping Sigma comes through with native lenses or the EF mount adapter as I do not like that Panasonic chose to make their lenses turn the "wrong" way. The focus direction may be bi-directional but the zoom will not be.

Would love to see some kind of internal RAW even if it is RAW light etc... Not a huge fan of LOG shooting. Looks to be a nice camera.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast