1. Collapse Details
    Shooting Anamorphic with Tamron F1.8 stabilized lenses.
    Hello guys. I want to share this with you. I have :
    - Sony PMW-F3 Element Technica rig with RGB444 activated
    - Tamron 35mm, 45mm, 85mm F1.8 VC weather sealed
    - Anamorphot 50 adapter from SLR Magic

I have this crazy idea of having 3 focals ( i hope Tamron will bring also something wider , maybe 28mm ) with stabilization and with anamorphic adapter. Since the rear element of the anamorphic adapter is a bit further that the front element of the lens i have started a modification of the lenses. The front element of the lens will be completely changed from a new material ( aluminium or high end stainless steel ) with better suport for the adapter since the front element of the lens is not ready in my opinion to sustain the adapter weight. Will CNC machine a new front with a different method of attachind the adapter for very fast attach and remove. I am very excited about this : shooting anamorphic eng style, shoulder mounted with stabilized lenses....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Captur? de ecran din 2019.01.25 la 01.13.21.jpg

First version of lens adapter...

3. Collapse Details
    Adapter ready. First test in a few days...

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details
    First test succesful. Minimum focus distance reached is bellow 1 meter . But there's need for the range finder. You use a lens support on the 15mm rods along with my followfocus. I have an Optitek adapter on the way and will proceed with second test.

6. Collapse Details
    Looking forward to seeing your test footage!
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

7. Collapse Details
    Guys. I need to give you an update. It was a failure mainly because my Optitek adapter Mark II does not recognised the new Tamron lenses so i had to abandon this BUT i'm actually happy it happend so ...WHY ? Discovered the Tokina Angeniux design 28-70mm 2.6-2.8 zoom which works like a charm with the SLR Anamorphot 1.3 adapter. Sharp enough, the Angenieuz feel, the parfocal and so on ....for 300 dollars i am charmed. I have 3 focal lenghts with anamorphic view on the same lens without switching. I have bought the Rangefinder adapter for Anamorphot and with Tilta nucleus works great. I have some problem with the rods beeing to flexibile and i need some lens support but other than that.....3 anamorphic lenses for about 1000 euros Bought everything on ebay.